Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greg Halman of Seattle Mariners Stabbed to Death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
He was a very high risk/high reward prospect, especially from a Fantasy Baseball perspective. Great outfield arm, great power potential, but a lot of holes in the swing. What a tragic ending!

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
First thing I saw when my home page opened this morning. Having two younger brothers I can understand the want to protect them, but even with the rocky relationships I could never phathem the idea of lossing one of them, let alone killing one.

Feel bad for them family. They lose two sons at one time.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
On the bright side, here's a chance for idiot prospectors to make a quick buck flipping is stuff on Ebay

RIP. What a horrible tragedy

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Very sad news. I enjoyed watching him play this year and he really looked like he was improving.

Disgusting that their have been 50 auto sales on eBay all on the 21st.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
CollectorsCorner said:
Very sad news. I enjoyed watching him play this year and he really looked like he was improving.

Disgusting that their have been 50 auto sales on eBay all on the 21st.

How many of those auto's have been on EBAY for awhile and how many are newly listed..

Whenever there is a death, people will go to EBAY to try and pick up an auto of that person.. even though they will come back down in price..

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sad to hear this. RIP. I know from a prospect perspective he was one of those guys that people had high hopes for and I think he certainly had a future in the game, even if were never to bloom into a superstar player. I remember contemplating buying into his cards as a prospect of interest, but I never did.

As for the auto sales, I just wanted to say that I don't understand the whole jump to buy/sell a prospects stuff after something like this. His stuff wasn't that valueable to begin with and it certainly didn't escalate greatly in price (as best I can tell the autos are like $10-12 a piece - yippee).

Even look at other prospects that have had tragic endings to their career - Adenhardt and Stenson come to mind - neither have autographs that are of big money at this time and you can probably pick them up for $10-15 a piece. I can understand the rush to get an auto of a superstar after they pass or a HOF'er, but not on something like an auto of prospect.

I hope the details of the event are brought to light and justice is served in this sad case. While there is no such thing as a good outcome/ending to this, hopefully the Netherlands has a fair, swift and thorough justice system.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Absolutely devastating news.

He was one of my favorite Mariners, just because of his personality. You would never see him without a smile on his face. I remember his first home run of his career this year, his dad was in the US to see him play for the first time in the majors and he went 4-5 with his first career homer. Devastating.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts