Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm an eBay "Top-Rated Powerseller"....... What?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I have had my eBay account for about 12 years, I have 537 positives and have never had a neg or neutral. Only about 1/6th of my feedback is from selling, I mostly buy, so I was a little surprised to find a "Top Rated Seller" and "Power Seller" icons next to my name. I did sell quite a bit when I unloaded my Hunter Pence collection when he was traded to the Phils, but other than that my selling is very sporadic. Have they relaxed the thresholds to meet these status'? Just curious as to how I met the standards.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
cgilmo said:
it's easy to get in

hard to stay

Do I have to maintain any ongoing sales quantities or monetary goals? Or just avoid getting my DSR's docked? I understand the part about the DSR's is tough having read some of the insanity people post here from time to time, I have been very lucky thusfar to avoid these lunatics

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
To retain your Bronze Power Seller status, I believe you need to maintain a 3 month selling average of $1,000 in sales per month or you lose that status.

The Top Rated thing is all tied to your DSRs and to be honest with you I have stopped trying to figure it out!

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
tooly22 said:
To retain your Bronze Power Seller status, I believe you need to maintain a 3 month selling average of $1,000 in sales per month or you lose that status.

The Top Rated thing is all tied to your DSRs and to be honest with you I have stopped trying to figure it out!

Thanks for the info, looks like I won't be a Power Seller for long! If someone wants to buy my ID they better make an offer quick!!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Look at your DSR's and there is a link to the rating system and how you qualified.. (click on Requirements)

dsr-info.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Pinbreaker said:
Look at your DSR's and there should be a link to the rating system and how you qualified..

Appreciate it, i just found that a few minutes ago. I just always assumed Power Seller status was for people that sold a lot. I have sold around 80-100 items total in 12 years, i guess it just so happens that I have sold a few big ticket items recently and qualified.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Keyser Soze said:
Pinbreaker said:
Look at your DSR's and there should be a link to the rating system and how you qualified..

Appreciate it, i just found that a few minutes ago. I just always assumed Power Seller status was for people that sold a lot. I have sold around 80-100 items total in 12 years, i guess it just so happens that I have sold a few big ticket items recently and qualified.

So if you are a power seller, you might get an extra % off..

I just got a note that I will be saving an additional 20% off my fees thru December.. :D

Members online