Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Hicks 2011 Bowman Draft Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Son of a bitch,

I saw that online and I thought it was a different John Hicks. I was planning on buying a ton of him... BECAUSE HES A MARINER.

I don't want to buy an "arizona diamondbacks pitcher". That's absolutely unacceptable.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
hicks.jpg

It's not like its just his face... he's BATTING.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I am interested to see if some of these guys' will sign these "mistakes" when it comes to in person autographs. A lot of times Topps puts the wrong player/name on a card, but these mistakes are HUGE

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
what if it's a Bowman gimmick? Maybe there is a second run coming that has been corrected. ;)
(back to the 1980's!)

Of course Topps messing stuff up isn't new - the bowman chrome prospects from 2011 Bowman Chrome release had at least 6 errors by my count between the checklist and reality.

:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
People seemed to not care about almost all of these being Photoshopped, or oblivious to the fact. Sure, the Josh Reddick autos where the Red Sox logo continued over his forearm bothered some people, but most considered it an isolated incident of Photoshop usage. It isn't.

It is funny how people whine and moan about Panini and Leaf air-brushing logos off while keeping the rest of the uniform in tact, Topps is notorious for this behavior.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
Zymco said:
I am interested to see if some of these guys' will sign these "mistakes" when it comes to in person autographs. A lot of times Topps puts the wrong player/name on a card, but these mistakes are HUGE
He'll sign it. He won't care. I promise you

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
The other inconsistency I noticed was that they kept switching back and forth between overall draft position and draft round on the back of the card. And in some cases they flat out had it wrong.

Members online

Latest posts