Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ott and Foxxy mailday + HUGE shoutout to 1st_class_card_guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i would like to start with a massive shoutout to ebay seller first_class_card_guys for being...well, first class sellers!!

i was lucky enough to win a copy of ichiro valiant raw for $455 on 11/6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320786240047?ss ... 529wt_1180

apparently, the seller had gone to a card show in boston that weekend and subbed a ton of valiant stuff, including the ichiro i won..

these guys contacted beckett's Joe C to return back the copy i had won, and was received today!

IMG_0001.jpg

what a class act, these guys...i am pretty sure that some sellers would not honor the sale and yet, first_class_card_guys had this RCR'ed, it gems, and still sent it my way..

it was my 1st purchase from these guys and it is so refreshing to see something like this. very honorable seller!

also, these scrubs from 1951 HOF class..

IMG-4.jpg

and

IMG.jpg

so ott, so foxx-y~

dave

FirstClassCardGuys

Aug 27, 2010
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind words. We were happy to send you the card as a 9.5. You seem to be a great guy so we hope to do business with you again in the future.

Thanks,
Cicero

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
eric, yes, def. going on a new direction with my collection. quality over quantity like the ladies~ in my life :lol:

cicero, i didnt know you were on the boards! again, i truly appreciate everything on this purchase. you truly are a class act, buddy

and thanks for the kind words, fellas!

i agree that the auto is really bold and nice. topps triple thread did these cut autos nice! def. giving upper deck a run for its money from the early years. lol

i thought it was cool that both ott and foxx were the only two that was inducted to the HOF on 1951 so that in itself was pretty cool

dave

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
:shock:

I thought you were getting rid of stuff? Or were you just thinning out the collection to refocus on stuff like this?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thanks peeps!

weimer, i basically sold off ALL that i had so i can thin my pc. i think im down to about 15 cards now in my bucket. oh, plus all brandon belt stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

dave

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
First off, let me start by saying Cicero is a good dude, so don't anyone get your ******* all in an uproar.

BUT, why would a seller be subbing cards to BGS that are up for auction on Ebay? Just curious. Doesn't really make sense to me and can't seem to think of a good reason why someone would do so????

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
skrip, he had completely forgotten that he had the ichiro up on auction..so basically, realizing that it was up, ended, paid for..while in transit to beckett, he still honored the deal. good dude is an understatement

dave

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
daveyou said:
skrip, he had completely forgotten that he had the ichiro up on auction..so basically, realizing that it was up, ended, paid for..while in transit to beckett, he still honored the deal. good dude is an understatement

dave

Makes sense. I was perplexed. Like I said Cicero is a good dude and has taken care of me at shows, so I wasn't trying to question him.

skrip

FirstClassCardGuys

Aug 27, 2010
Yep, completely forgot I had put the thing up for auction, LOL! To tell you the truth seeing a guy like Dave get the card makes selling it as a 9.5 at raw prices worth it. If it weren't for collectors like Dave then dealers would not exist. Collectors are the backbone of this hobby.

Members online

Latest posts