Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series DVD box sets.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I am wondering how far back do these go? I am talking about the sets where it is each game on individual DVDs. I would love to get everyone of them a little at a time then put them in like a book shelf. It would be expensive but that is something that people could give me for birthdays or christmas :lol:

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
PujolsCollector said:
I am wondering how far back do these go? I am talking about the sets where it is each game on individual DVDs. I would love to get everyone of them a little at a time then put them in like a book shelf. It would be expensive but that is something that people could give me for birthdays or christmas :lol:

I have the 1979 series between Pirates and Orioles.
Truly awesome to see the games in their entirety.
The announcers are Cosell, Drysdale and Al Michaels.

I would to get the 1982 series.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
klute14 said:
PujolsCollector said:

I have the 1979 series between Pirates and Orioles.
Truly awesome to see the games in their entirety.
The announcers are Cosell, Drysdale and Al Michaels.

I would to get the 1982 series.
Yea. I have the 2006 Cardinlas set and I will buy the 2011 set soon. I had the 2004 set but my house got broke into in 05 and that got stolen lol. I like being able to go back and watch whatever series game I want. I just think it would be cool to have them all on a bookshelf in order. Like an archive.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
I this thing called: The Essential Games of the Detroit Tigers. It's not a World Series box set but it does have a few World Series games. Game 5, 1968 World Series. Game 5, 1984 World Series; it also has Last game at Tiger Stadium and 2006 ALCS Game 4.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I have all of them that they've put out so far -- the World Series that are available in complete series format are:

1975 Reds/Red Sox
1977 Yankees/Dodgers
1979 Pirates/Orioles
1985 Royals/Cardinals
1986 Mets/Red Sox
1987 Twins/Cardinals
1988 Dodgers/A's
1991 Twins/Braves
2001 DiamondBacks/Yankees
2002 Angels/Giants
2004 Red Sox/Cardinals
2005 White Sox/Astros
2006 Cardinals/Tigers
2007 Red Sox/Rockies
2008 Phillies/Rays
2009 Yankees/Phillies
2010 Giants/Rangers
2011 Cardinals/Rangers

Hopefully they fill in the missing years at some point. Unfortunately, the Yankees series don't sell as well as most of the other teams -- imagine that.

I'm stunned that they haven't put out a 1969 Mets/Orioles set yet, all the games are available in decent quality. I've bought a lot of bootlegs of the missing years on ioffer (I think I have 1969 (complete), 1970 (complete), 1972 (incomplete), 1976 (complete but not the best quality), plus most of the '80's sets).

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
At 30 dollars a set it would cost 540 dollars to buy all of them. If i get like 3 a year 2 old ones and the newest one i can have it done fairly quickly. Hopefully i can find some used sets

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
PujolsCollector said:
At 30 dollars a set it would cost 540 dollars to buy all of them. If i get like 3 a year 2 old ones and the newest one i can have it done fairly quickly. Hopefully i can find some used sets

check ebay. last year i was able to pick up the '75 and the '79 Boxed Sets for less then $20/dlvd each

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
ThoseBackPages said:
PujolsCollector said:

check ebay. last year i was able to pick up the '75 and the '79 Boxed Sets for less then $20/dlvd each
Ok I will do that. There were a couple of the lower class teams that were cheap. Im thinking though that the ones that cost more will kind of even out the cheaper one and make it about the same price but idk.
Trauty-Do you have yours in a shelf or displayed somehow? If so will you post a picture please.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Everything's boxed up right now as we prepare for a move so I can't take a photo at the moment. I can't even figure out what box I put them in. I hate moving.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
PujolsCollector said:

No kidding?A little surprised they were that cheap.I know I paid around $40 or $45 for the '06 set, but that was several months after that year's World Series.The sets have have 7 games of footage I would imagine would cost more.Does anyone know if the sets are mastered in HD?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
trauty said:
Everything's boxed up right now as we prepare for a move so I can't take a photo at the moment. I can't even figure out what box I put them in. I hate moving.
Moving does indeed suck. Luckily last time I had to move was when I was about 5. I remember moving though I had just started making friends there and then boom we were moving back to Illinois.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
PujolsCollector said:

Thats not too expensive at all. When the 87 WS box set came out in 2007, I think I paid 120ish for it. But thats back when box sets first started showing up. Each season of seinfeld was like 80

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
wolfmanalfredo said:
PujolsCollector said:

Thats not too expensive at all. When the 87 WS box set came out in 2007, I think I paid 120ish for it. But thats back when box sets first started showing up. Each season of seinfeld was like 80
if i can get them cheap Yea i think it will be cool to have them all but i have to find them fairly cheap.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
cubfan131 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Louis-Cardina...UVWK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1322541674&sr=8-4

I bought this for my Dad for Christmas. I figured for $28 it was a good deal. i was going to get the 2011 one but I guess I'll wait until it comes down in price.

That's a good deal, I recall when those first came out they were all $70 or so.I couldn't wait that long, so I bought mine months after the World Series.

It's disappointing this year's isn't available in HD, and that none of the NLCS games are included, unlike the '06 set that had 2 of the NLCS games.WTF?Someone said the games are cheaper on itunes, so that's another alternative.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
SINFULONE said:
Someone said the games are cheaper on itunes, so that's another alternative.

GREAT call on this. there are a lot of individual games (not just WS) on iTunes, and they're $1.99 each (last time i checked them out)

Members online

Latest posts