Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scanning experts: What was the problem here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I have a HP all-in-one that usually does a good job, not great or excellent, but fair. But with this rainbow it made a mess:

FernandoSalasBowmanChrome.jpg

Anyone have any idea why and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like it's having a depth of field issue.

Try opening the lid and scanning in the dark.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Have you tried laying a white or black sheet of paper down behind your cards while scanning? That can cut down on some of the glare from your scanner.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Opening the lid is a good trick. Sometimes the ambient daylight works well, while (as was mentioned) a dark room might also make things better.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
It may have something to do with the fact that 2010 Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome have scoliosis, and the curvature of the cards is throwing it off. Different parts of the cards are further away from the scanner bed than others.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
mudflap02 said:
It may have something to do with the fact that 2010 Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome have scoliosis, and the curvature of the cards is throwing it off. Different parts of the cards are further away from the scanner bed than others.
I would say you are right sir.

OP try hold down the lid a little tighter so the card lay more flat to the glass

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
mudflap02 said:

Right, the depth of the cards is throwing off the laser scanner.

It's going to be tough with cards that are so curved, but I sort of think if you spread them out on the bed, and opened the lid, you'd get a better scan. Honestly, I'd use one-touches so the card lays flat in the holder for atleast while you scan it. I wouldn't advise smashing down the lid on the cards though, lol.

Members online

Latest posts