Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Headed to Redsfest!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
HAve fun! I remember Yankeesfest or whatever it was called one year. I got a Graig Nettles auto photo that I framed for my dad and gave it to him on fathers day. Graig nettles is his favorite player (other than paul o'neill... I think theyre tied at the top of his list :D)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
19braves77 said:
Am curious what all lottery tickets people got for autographs. I think the Reds came up with one marvelous way to do a fanfest.

The lottery they did was for additional autographs. My wife and I didn't win a spot, but my father won a ticket for Alrodis Chapman on Friday night.

At Redsfest, there are 6 different autographs lines; A, B, C, D, E, and F. All autograph lines are cut at 225 people. Lines A, B, and D are for anyone and will include current players, coaches, minor leaguers, and broadcasters. Line C will include the same, but is only for season ticket holders. Line E will also have the same, but is only for children 17 and under. Line F is in the Reds Hall of Fame section and includes former players. Normally for $5, you can buy an 8x10 of the player signing in the Reds HOF section that will have the Reds HOF logo on it.

Last year was my first time going, so I took my time with it all. I walked the entire floor, stopped by all of the booths, and just took the whole thing in. Without breaking a sweat, I still came away with around 10 autographs or so. I plan on getting more this year, especially with my wife there to help me run down some autographs. :D

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
but my understanding is that the lottery was for the the star players and retired players like Tom Browning and prospects like Grandal will be open to everyone. To print tickets with the holders name on it and require an ID really makes sense.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
muskiesfan said:
19braves77 said:
Am curious what all lottery tickets people got for autographs. I think the Reds came up with one marvelous way to do a fanfest.

The lottery they did was for additional autographs. My wife and I didn't win a spot, but my father won a ticket for Alrodis Chapman on Friday night.

At Redsfest, there are 6 different autographs lines; A, B, C, D, E, and F. All autograph lines are cut at 225 people. Lines A, B, and D are for anyone and will include current players, coaches, minor leaguers, and broadcasters. Line C will include the same, but is only for season ticket holders. Line E will also have the same, but is only for children 17 and under. Line F is in the Reds Hall of Fame section and includes former players. Normally for $5, you can buy an 8x10 of the player signing in the Reds HOF section that will have the Reds HOF logo on it.

Last year was my first time going, so I took my time with it all. I walked the entire floor, stopped by all of the booths, and just took the whole thing in. Without breaking a sweat, I still came away with around 10 autographs or so. I plan on getting more this year, especially with my wife there to help me run down some autographs. :D

When you go, take some pictures! Twins fans love Twinsfest, and think it's the best Team-organized Fanfest around, but I like hearing how other teams do theirs. Especially with autographs, an list of attendees. Twins are great about getting their big-name HOFer's to come, but there a lot of the same old guys who'll appear, just because they still live in the Twin Cities. Plus, we think the whole thing is very affordable, especially compared to, say, the Cardinals Winter Warmup. Now that is an expensive gig!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
19braves- From what I understand, they will still be signing on the floor as well. I could be totally wrong on that though.

Greg- Here's my pictures from last year; Redsfest 2010. Here's a list of this year's attendees; Redsfest 2011.

It'll be a great time again this year. I spend most of time in the HOF area because I like getting autos from the old timers. Most of them are usually pretty willing to shoot the **** for a minute as well. My father and I will probably be there most the time. My wife is wanting to see more of the current players.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Greg Cleveland said:
muskiesfan said:
19braves77 said:

When you go, take some pictures! Twins fans love Twinsfest, and think it's the best Team-organized Fanfest around, but I like hearing how other teams do theirs. Especially with autographs, an list of attendees. Twins are great about getting their big-name HOFer's to come, but there a lot of the same old guys who'll appear, just because they still live in the Twin Cities. Plus, we think the whole thing is very affordable, especially compared to, say, the Cardinals Winter Warmup. Now that is an expensive gig!

Can't wait for Twinsfest !!!! :giddy:

klktbear

Aug 7, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
This is my 3rd year and i have loved every year. Wife and I usually come away with about 10 autographs. Being season ticket holder we can the one line out of the way first then move to the others usually come away pretty happy. Last year she got her picture taken with Jeff Brantley one of her favorite players she was so happy. Im hoping to get a few of the prospects this year hope to see you all there

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
My wife and I had a fantastic time at RedsFest this year. It was my 2nd RedsFest and her first. We came away with a bunch of great stories and pictures to share, plus we got a ton of autographs! I'll share the pics and everything after I get them uploaded, but here's a list of the autographs we got this year.

Current Players
Yonder Alonso x2
Zack Cozart x2
Devin Mesoraco
Chris Valaika
Ryan Hanigan
Sam LeCure

Coaches
Dusty Baker- Manager
Chris Speier- Bench Coach
Brook Jacoby- Hitting Coach
Bryan Price- Pitching Coach