Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ouch, just got owned in an auction that I bid $7000 on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
springfieldisotopes4 said:
bouwob said:
I hate rich people.

said the guy who can spend 7 grand on cardboard. :D

Thats 10 years of frugalness. It will cost me more to do the same thing picking them up piece by piece. I look out to the future and it will cost me more to pick up the same cards.

That said, I more than doubled the price of the winner ;).

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
Saw two cards I need in that lot!

90 Arlington Yellow Pages
90 Topps Doubleheaders

So I take it you are doing the set registry? How goes it?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
JoshHamilton said:
Don't hate rich people, hate yourself for not being rich
That's the tagline to the Herman Cain campaign isn't it?

My point is, if you can't afford something, bust your ass and work harder.

The poor needs to stop blaming the rich, and the rich needs to stop blaming the poor

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
rbadger said:
That sucks! Any idea what that lot went for? I was watching it...

Auction shows that the Nolan Ryan lot went for $9,390. To the OP, I'm not sure of your financial situation, but that would have been sick to have that lot I've seen some of your Ryan stuff that must be exciting as hell to open a box of almost 1600 cards of your favorite player and have them graded and stuff, if it is really true that grading fees alone would be $7,400, then it would have paid to win that one at 10K (assuming you had the money).

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
homerun28aa said:
rbadger said:
That sucks! Any idea what that lot went for? I was watching it...

Auction shows that the Nolan Ryan lot went for $9,390. To the OP, I'm not sure of your financial situation, but that would have been sick to have that lot I've seen some of your Ryan stuff that must be exciting as hell to open a box of almost 1600 cards of your favorite player and have them graded and stuff, if it is really true that grading fees alone would be $7,400, then it would have paid to win that one at 10K (assuming you had the money).
" Kick-em when their up, kick-em when their down, kick-em in the shins, kick-em all around "

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I know they guy who won this auction, I was looking at some of his other cards and he told me he just won this lot of over 1500 PSA Nolan cards. I'm sure he'll be selling many of these off individually.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
wow, sorry to hear that..

u know, sometimes had no clue there are auction houses like that!

always thought ebay and ebay only...

tough loss..

btw, sports, what ichiro lot were u talking about??!

dave

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I know the guy who won this, has a HUGE Ryan PSA registry already....I can put you in contact with him is there is anything specific you are looking for. I was asking him about a couple of his other cards on eBay and he mentioned he just won this PSA lot of over 1500 Ryan cards...

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
rbadger said:
I know the guy who won this, has a HUGE Ryan PSA registry already....I can put you in contact with him is there is anything specific you are looking for. I was asking him about a couple of his other cards on eBay and he mentioned he just won this PSA lot of over 1500 Ryan cards...

We exchanged about 50 emails yesterday. He actually broke up his collection a year or so ago and is trying to rebuild.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts