Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So are Pujols/Fielder holding up the market?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I believe that until these guys sign that most deals will be on hold.
With that said some of the smaller/less money teams are acting fast
and making swift deals. Smart business moves I think .

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Agree with you in a way. Cubs fans are anxious to land a big name and for someone like them they'll likely go for one of these guys, if not they need to find someone else. Cardinals are obviously going to do anything they can to sign Pujols if they can't resign him then they need to try to somehow recoup at least a tiny bit of they'd lose with him lol. But lots of teams that just need some pieces are moving swiftly, so it really depends on the team. I would say Pujols is the biggest factor for teams looking for a high-end player(s). To me, he is absolutely unlike anyone else, Fielder is a great addition, a great power hitter, a great number 3 hitter in the lineup for any team in the league, but with Pujols we're really looking at one of the greatest to ever play the game. I think a lot of teams that are looking for a high-end signing are thinking to themselves are we going to sign a high-end player or can we maybe somehow scrap up enough to try to get Pujols.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
probably waiting for christmas. It seems to me all the big whale FA signings occur in the week or so before christmas then everyone goes on holiday and returns in early january with a flury of signings heading into spring training.

EDIT: plus there are the winter meetings coming up that the agents will probably use to get a lot of the negotiation/rumors work accomplished.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Minnesota should switch up a bunch of positions and sign them both. How awesome would a healthy Mauer, Morneau, Fielder, Pujols lineup look.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
JustinVerlander35 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
Minnesota should switch up a bunch of positions and sign them both. How awesome would a healthy Mauer, Morneau, Fielder, Pujols lineup look.

And then you woke up.

At what part?

When he said the Twins would sign both or when he said Mauer and Morneau would be healthy? :lol:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
or maybe teams just think these guys aren't worth the money that they are asking.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts