Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Quality Control Fail... What Should I Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
So yesterday I received my shipment of my order of diamond topps cards.. and today I got a duplicate order!!!

Highlights are 1954 Frank House
1956 Joe Black
2011 Diamond Die-Cut Jose Tabata Black Diamond /60!

What should I do... do I send them back... am I allowed to send them back??? And help is appreciated.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Dice-K Collector said:
So yesterday I received my shipment of my order of diamond topps cards.. and today I got a duplicate order!!!

1956 Joe Black

What should I do... do I send them back... am I allowed to send them back??? And help is appreciated.
On your invoice is a phone number for the inventory control manager.Try giving them a call.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
hofmichael said:
Dice-K Collector said:

1956 Joe Black

On your invoice is a phone number for the inventory control manager.Try giving them a call.

couldnt find it...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Dice-K Collector said:
hofmichael said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":2k18eft7]So yesterday I received my shipment of my order of diamond topps cards.. and today I got a duplicate order!!!

1956 Joe Black

couldnt find it...[/quote:2k18eft7]
Look at the bottom of the invoice.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Dice-K Collector said:
[quote="Ty Hope":1c46okhq]They sent you two for the price of one?

Pretty much yeah.[/quote:1c46okhq]

KEEP THEM! They screwed up, so cool for you. Consider it payback for all of their errors.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Ty Hope said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":2i0onk7p][quote="Ty Hope":2i0onk7p]They sent you two for the price of one?

Pretty much yeah.[/quote:2i0onk7p]

KEEP THEM! They screwed up, so cool for you. Consider it payback for all of their errors.[/quote:2i0onk7p]

But then someone else wont get their jose tabata black diamond /60!

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
The appropriate thing to do would be to call or e-mail them and let them know and ask whether they want them back. I would ask that they foot the bill to have it shipped back though, since it was their mistake. Most likely they will just tell you to keep it since it's not worth it to them to take it back.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Dice-K Collector said:
[quote="Ty Hope":dod8tuh6][quote="Dice-K Collector":dod8tuh6][quote="Ty Hope":dod8tuh6]They sent you two for the price of one?

Pretty much yeah.[/quote:dod8tuh6]

KEEP THEM! They screwed up, so cool for you. Consider it payback for all of their errors.[/quote:dod8tuh6]

But then someone else wont get their jose tabata black diamond /60![/quote:dod8tuh6]

I have to admit you are a more honest person than I. I've been screwed enough times that I wouldn't even consider returning it to them. I applaud you.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
cmnkb8 said:
The appropriate thing to do would be to call or e-mail them and let them know and ask whether they want them back. I would ask that they foot the bill to have it shipped back though, since it was their mistake. Most likely they will just tell you to keep it since it's not worth it to them to take it back.

I contacted customer service.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Have u ever bought a box of topps "whatever", been sorted a gu or auto and they never sent u anything? Especially more than once?

Theres your answer.

Anyway, they might ask u send it back and send a chaz roe or angel pagan au to compensate for shipping

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
BBCgalaxee said:
Have u ever bought a box of topps "whatever", been sorted a gu or auto and they never sent u anything? Especially more than once?

Theres your answer.

Anyway, they might ask u send it back and send a chaz roe or angel pagan au to compensate for shipping

Lol Ive been shorted a hit MANY times, by UD and Topps... and they always send back crap, but I believe in karma, and I would have bad karma if I didnt send them back, or I would atleast feel bad if I didnt send them back. I asked them, and if they want them back, Ill send them back as long as they compensate me for shipping!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
BBCgalaxee said:
Theres your answer.

Aren't odds per box "on average" and not gauranteed?

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
IndyManning18 said:
BBCgalaxee said:
Theres your answer.

Yeah I believe youre right, which leads me to the question... if its on average, why do they replace missing hits???

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
best thing to do is contact them in some way and let them know. Most the time they will just say keep it. Once upper deck sent me 2 for one redemption. This happened to alot of people with this type of redemption. Anywho alot of people sent in there cards and got something back in return so i called UD and they just told me it wsnt worth shipping it back so just keep it.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
OP awesome of you to do the right thing.

didnt something like this happen with a gehrig or ruth cut /3 from UD several years ago?

cmnkb8 said:

Karma is a bitch....I applaud your honesty and would do the same thing. Call them and let them know.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Dice-K Collector said:
but I believe in karma, and I would have bad karma if I didnt send them back

But you're the one, in this scenario, that is the benefactor of Topps bad karma catching up to them, don't screw up their bad karma coming back to bite them in the arse by returning the cards!!

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
IndyManning18 said:
BBCgalaxee said:
Theres your answer.

Not always. In Topps Chrome I'm pretty sure my box guaranteed two autos but I could be wrong.

Members online

Latest posts