Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Damn ebay sellers are desperate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
he is stupid.....on the printing plate he has listed he doesnt say 1/1 LOL what a *******.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Not sure the seller is stupid, I mean look at all the people they getting to look at their auction on this board alone by writing that.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
yrocks2001 said:
Not sure the seller is stupid, I mean look at all the people they getting to look at their auction on this board alone by writing that.

001/150 i understand, jersey # I 100% understand. His is straight up junk.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
ballerskrip said:
yrocks2001 said:

I don't understand any of it...

You don't seem to understand much ;)

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ballerskrip said:
yrocks2001 said:

With this logic every serial number card is a "1/1".

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
IndyManning18 said:
ballerskrip said:
yrocks2001 said:

With this logic every serial number card is a "1/1".

Sellers who call these cards "1/1"s are completely wrong and incorrect.

The serial numbering should be mentioned in the listing because it does bring a premium a lot of the time, as these cards are apparently more desirable to some collectors.

The seller should not put 1/1 in the listing, because the card is not a 1/1. Plain and simple.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
CollectorsCorner said:
TBTwinsFan said:
ballerskrip said:
yrocks2001 said:

This... is true :lol:

What I mean is, what is people's fascination with it? If it's 001/500, 500/500, or the jersey number, it's the exact same card.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
yrocks2001 said:

People may be looking at his auction, that doesn't mean he's going to make any money. No one from this board is going to bid on his auction based on his braindead sales pitch.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
CollectorsCorner said:
TBTwinsFan said:
ballerskrip said:
yrocks2001 said:

What I mean is, what is people's fascination with it? If it's 001/500, 500/500, or the jersey number, it's the exact same card.
people are inherently stupid...remember that as you go through life... ;)

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i casually collect certain serial numbers. in fact im thinking of starting a PC of them regardless of player. one of the things i started to do when i focused on cards i like instead of trying to make money on cards....

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
ChasHawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
CollectorsCorner said:
TBTwinsFan said:
ballerskrip said:
[quote="yrocks2001":3vr8cbka]Not sure the seller is stupid, I mean look at all the people they getting to look at their auction on this board alone by writing that.

people are inherently stupid...remember that as you go through life... ;)[/quote:3vr8cbka]

:D

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Thanks for the laugh Skrip i sure needed it tonight..Damn..way too funny!! What an idiot!! Got to love Ebay!! ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
DeliciousBacon said:
yrocks2001 said:

People may be looking at his auction, that doesn't mean he's going to make any money. No one from this board is going to bid on his auction based on his braindead sales pitch.

No but the more people who look at the item the better it is for attracting bids. I don't think anyone even people away from this board are going to bid on this thinking it's a 1/1.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
the 456 is beyond a stretch but I can't tell you how many extra dollars I've made with the first card made, the last card made, or the jersey #.

I don't put 1/1 in the title, I simply put what it is serial #'d in the title and raise the price.

I sold a Heritage Chrome card of Lincecum, Halladay, Ubaldo and Wainwright #'d 1962/1962 for $12 or $13. Bought it for 50 cents.

I sold a fricking Tom Osborne Elite insert (this guy was a college football coach!) #'d 0001/1500 for like $8 and paid pennies for it.

Jersey #'s are the best though.

I love serial #'s.

Members online

Latest posts