Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

fun contest! tim mcarver vintage prize....with catch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i know a lot of people on this board HATE tim mccarver, myself included. i got a 68 topps mccarver from one of my diamond giveaway cards. the contest is simple...... post how youd like to destroy this card. i will pick the winner based solely on my personal preference. the catch is....you have to destroy the card in the same way as your post, visual proof is a must, whether pics of a video.. the card is already in pretty bad shape, so vintage lovers relax.... im not destroying a PSA 9 or 10. creases, soft corners etc etc.....

have fun! be creative!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Wait until 4th of July and attach card to a pack of firecrackers. And I will videotape said event. Could do it sooner if needed. 6 months is a bit long to wait. Maybe for New Year's?

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
1) Use a hole punch to make a hole in the center of the card, attach a string with a weight and drag the card with my Jeep

OR

2) Attach the card to a stick, plant it outside, take daily pictures of it and create an animated GIF file to show weathering

OR

3) Show before and after pictures of the card going through a paper shredder

I'm not the biggest McCarver fan as a broadcaster, but it is a shame that most people don't remember he was a very good catcher for many years, especially with the Cardinals. World Series batting average of .311 in 21 games and once led the league in triples.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Why not just ask him about the mid 60s Cardinals?

Then let him talk directly to the Card until it shrivels up to try and ease the Pain...

And I'm a sorta/kinda McCarver fan... :oops:

zdf123

Jan 21, 2011
JEBJJA said:
I would have my wife hold the card in front of my hiney with a lighter....I will then proceed to pass gas and burn the heck out of the card.........
i vote for this one

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't hate him. I just wish he could engage the governor on his mouth when he's about to say something completely asinine during the World Series. He was a fine player, even for my Phillies, and I'm sure he's a wonderful guy. But saying something like,"you've got no choice but to hit the ball that's pitched" makes me want to pull my brain out through my ears.

So I suggest using a magnifying glass to burn a hole in his mouth so he'll get the message, voodoo-style.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
If picked I would still be willing to do the firecracker method as I posted above.....but tonight I was thinking of some old videos I used to watch online. Ever heard of "will it blend?" Guy puts just about anything in a blender to see if it will blend. iphones, PSP's, can of Coke....all kinds of stuff. I would put the McCarver card in to see "will it blend?"

Members online

Latest posts