Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And why do you sellers GRIPE about slow paying buyer's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I won this auction on 11-22-11,paid 3 hours later. On the 29th i asked the seller where my item was. Seller responded on the 30th and said he would check. On 12-1 i checked my messages and nothing. I checked the item and low and behold he sent it on the 30th EIGHT days later, after the auction ended.
So please sellers explain why you sellers gripe about buyers paying 4 or 5 days later? This is the 9th time in November i have received an item in 2 weeks or more. This is his or her shipping policy "Estimated within 4-8 business days " does that mean it would take up to 8 days for the seller to get off his or her lazy ass to take it to the post office? B.S.
But i bitch too much.
Just venting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360403554252?ss ... 1497.l2649

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
Maybe it's just me, but I see way more posts complaing on waiting for items, than I do posts complaining about waiting for payments.
Neither tend to get me too riled up as I realize it's the internet.
Nonpaying bidders are a far bigger problem.
David

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Maybe the sellers that gripe about slow paying buyers aren't the ones who ship slow?

There are slow-paying buyers and there are slow-shipping sellers...

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
nosterbor said:
This is very true. Thanks for letting me vent.

That's what we're here for. :lol:
Sorry this happened to you but glad you finally received the card!
David

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
David T. said:
nosterbor said:
This is very true. Thanks for letting me vent.

That's what we're here for. :lol:
Sorry this happened to you but glad you finally received the card!
David
I still do not have it
icon_lol.gif

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
nosterbor said:
I won this auction on 11-22-11,paid 3 hours later. On the 29th i asked the seller where my item was. Seller responded on the 30th and said he would check. On 12-1 i checked my messages and nothing. I checked the item and low and behold he sent it on the 30th EIGHT days later, after the auction ended.
So please sellers explain why you sellers gripe about buyers paying 4 or 5 days later? This is the 9th time in November i have received an item in 2 weeks or more. This is his or her shipping policy "Estimated within 4-8 business days " does that mean it would take up to 8 days for the seller to get off his or her lazy ass to take it to the post office? B.S.
But i bitch too much.
Just venting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360403554252?ss ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It may also have something to do with the 3-4 non-paying bidders every week. It just gets old. I never have a clue any more who is going to pay. you may be a great buyer and have a legit reason to take a few days. Most sellers understand that. But, this week I had probably aroun 7 people that took over 7 days days to pay. 3 paid after i filed on them, none of the 3 ever answered emails or invoices. The other 4 just walked away. A few had strong feedback. And, dont get me wrong, im not sticking up for people who complain after 1 day, I dont understand that either. But, I think things suck so bad on ebay right now and they are so pro buyer, that even the best sellers are going nuts. i have a family member who is a big timer at ebay/paypal, we talk quite a bit. Ebay feels that if they have buyers, they will have sellers. So if we dont like it, leave, someone will take our spot. And they they will say, but where are you gonna go???. Gotta love ebay. I just lost my 20% discount because 3 really cool buyers, outside the country, think i charge to much for shipping, even thought they agreed to the amount and understand the item needs tracking for paypal. Ill quit here, dont want to cry all night. The bottom line, as a seller you want the money as soon as you can get it, because the longer it goes, the more likely you arent going to get paid. And when a cards value can drop over night and you can lose money if they dont pay, it just gets hard to watch and wait. i will give you an example. I put a bowman draft usa auto gold on ebay the day draft opened. The buyer offered 80, I accepted, 2 days later, no payment, I send a second invoice, offering free shipping, because i knew what he was doing. He was waiting to see what they would sell for. Once a few sold for 50 and under, I knew he wasnt paying. So Now i get to re-sell the card and will probably get around 40 for it. So, from him I lost 40 bucks and i lost the potential to sell it for 6-8 days, while it dropped in value. I dont know about you, but losing $40 bucks, because some loser is playing a game and ebay doesnt care, sucks. This same thing happens when you sell cases of new product. they offer, win and watch to see if it goes up or down. Then they pay or run, depending on where the value goes. As a seller, i like to get paid quick, so I know for sure im getting paid. greg

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Too many uptight buyers and sellers. As long as I get my item in the condition described and packaged properly I'm not concered with when it gets to me. I consider a max of 2 weeks to be my limit before I become concerned.

When paying, you will receive payment 24-48 hrs from the time the auction ends. Not fast enough for you? Oh well.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
nosterbor said:
But i bitch too much.
Just venting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360403554252?ss ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drteeth2.jpg

ral72

Aug 8, 2008
Schwenksville, PA
Titans74 said:
Too many uptight buyers and sellers. As long as I get my item in the condition described and packaged properly I'm not concered with when it gets to me. I consider a max of 2 weeks to be my limit before I become concerned.

When paying, you will receive payment 24-48 hrs from the time the auction ends. Not fast enough for you? Oh well.

Very well said, although more than a week is a bit over the line to pay OR ship, as long as I get the payment or get the item, I could really care less how long it takes. People need to get a freakin' life, basically. If the biggest strife in your life is somebody waiting a week to pay for an item you sold, or ship an item that you won, you're a lucky man.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
pujols5hof said:
nosterbor said:
But i bitch too much.
Just venting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360403554252?ss ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drteeth2.jpg
No it is
161917_116270651777808_1136735_n.jpg

Members online