Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brandon Nimmo Superfractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Bowman-Chr ... 500wt_1413

$3000k bin/bo

can i just ask...for a kid who was to have lasted til supp or later round (if i recall a few articles..), his stuff sells realllly well.

i know, i know...new york market but is anyone a believer or all hype? he's as raw as they come from what i've read.

(pulled his orange ref auto #/25 friday)

dave

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I never heard he was to last until the supplemental round but feel his prices are too high considering how raw he is.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
never going to make it with the mets
Yeah, he has no chance. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too old(18), and was drafted waaaaaaaaaaaay too low(1st round). He should probably start looking for a new job, the sooner the better.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:

He has a massive hitch in his swing, another guy who had last year that hit just over .200 was Josh Sale, no thanks with Nimmo.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
mwashuc06 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

He has a massive hitch in his swing, another guy who had last year that hit just over .200 was Josh Sale, no thanks with Nimmo.

What hitch?

[youtube:1vrspxlm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItOEEjcGq8[/youtube:1vrspxlm]

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Nimmo has never played consistently competitive baseball ever (he went through the vaunted Wyoming High School baseball circuit). He was drafted high based on incredibly raw skills and impressive showing in one frigin All Star Game (the 2010 Under Armour Game where he won the MVP).

His prices are due to Mets fans scooping up what's out there because they're intrigued. Maybe I'm just a jaded Mets fan who has been burned too many times but my take is that he's Toe Nash with less talent.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Not that I'm a scout but I don't consider him to even be one of the top prospects in the set but he sure is selling like it. I think someone is insane to have paid that much, that's probably about a 900-1200 dollar card at auction considering his prices.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
In all fairness, I'm a Mets fan, but this isn't our guy. He's got size he's got speed and athleticism and I believe he's got defense, but his swing just isn't there, at least in my opinion although I hope the true scouts and experts can tell potential a lot better than I can. Obviously he's got to improve he's got to build strength and power and he's a talented lefty, but I just think he's a bit overrated right now. Who knows, if this kid is a hard worker he can get there, but I'm just heart pressed to say he's worth all the hype right now, kind of think he has to earn it.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Wow, I am really shocked at some of the dislike for Nimmo. I think he's an outstanding prospect. I also don't see how he's overrated or overhyped. Honestly, outside of the hopeful Mets fans and the ones willing to throw their cash around, who's out there constantly gushing about Nimmo and using ridiculous hyperbole? Overpriced? Sure, I can see that. Overhyped and overrated? Don't really see it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Another thing I'd like to add to this discussion is why do people put high-end refractors and superfractors in auction? It just doesn't make sense to me, having a high BIN/BO especially with a 1/1 really makes you get top dollar because someone may be willing to overpay on their offer is they're a huge player collector or going for the rainbow since they may never see the super again, who knows someone could accept an offer at any minute so it really makes them put the highest offer they can as soon as they can. Obviously they pay more in fees but they make that back with the BO, like a different poster said this guy probably made 300-400 more than he would have at auction.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Overpriced directly correlates with overhyped and overrated. I'm not sure I'd use overrated, but certainly overhyped. Usually player hype leads to their pricing especially for 1/1 fractors.

Brett Keith said:
Wow, I am really shocked at some of the dislike for Nimmo. I think he's an outstanding prospect. I also don't see how he's overrated or overhyped. Honestly, outside of the hopeful Mets fans and the ones willing to throw their cash around, who's out there constantly gushing about Nimmo and using ridiculous hyperbole? Overpriced? Sure, I can see that. Overhyped and overrated? Don't really see it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
mwashuc06 said:
http://www.metsblog.com/2011/08/20/video-brandon-nimmo-makes-his-pro-debut/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watch that bit of a hitch before he swings in this vid.

That's one swing and it's still not what I would call a hitch. He's going down to hit a low pitch.

Regardless, there's still no way I'd touch this guy's cards at current prices, and I'd be rushing to eBay to sell them if I pulled them. He may turn into a decent ballplayer, but why people are paying so much for him right now doesn't make sense to me.

Members online

Latest posts