Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I know Tim Lincecum isn't red-hot anymore, but this for $1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yup, 2007 Turkey Red Chrome /1999. Picked it up for $1 today. All of these were either $1 or 25¢, picked up some great 90's stuff for next to nothing (1997 McGwire Tiffany for a quarter! Maddux YMTP Gold Sig for a quarter!)

img475.jpg

img476.jpg

img477.jpg

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Yeah i love to pick up player/inserts cards that I need and/or want dirt cheap..I do it all the time especially for my older sets..Some folks just dont realize how some of the older cards can be downright rare and expensive to boot..Congrats on some sweet pick-ups!!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Sweet pickups.

I am partial to the McGwrire ST.Club, but I am a sucker for diecut cards :)

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
DeliciousBacon said:
Yup, 2007 Turkey Red Chrome /1999. Picked it up for $1 today. All of these were either $1 or 25¢, picked up some great 90's stuff for next to nothing (1997 McGwire Tiffany for a quarter! Maddux YMTP Gold Sig for a quarter!)

img475.jpg

img476.jpg

img477.jpg

Nice pickup, where did you buy it, a card store, flea market??

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I like the McGwire insert the best, but awesome deal.I have that Batista insert at home too, those are gorgeous cards as well.Those are tough pulls.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Casebusters said:

Picked them up at one of my local shops. One of the guys who used to work there knew I found all sorts of good cards in their boxes for way under normal SV, but he didn't care. His feelings were, the great cards I kept finding there kept me coming back to the store, and he was right. I did give them back a 1993 Arena Hologram Griffey Jr auto that was mistakenly priced at $1, and was rewarded by pulling a Bryce Harper Green auto from a pack of Bowman Platinum earlier this year.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
DeliciousBacon said:
Casebusters said:

Picked them up at one of my local shops. One of the guys who used to work there knew I found all sorts of good cards in their boxes for way under normal SV, but he didn't care. His feelings were, the great cards I kept finding there kept me coming back to the store, and he was right. I did give them back a 1993 Arena Hologram Griffey Jr auto that was mistakenly priced at $1, and was rewarded by pulling a Bryce Harper Green auto from a pack of Bowman Platinum earlier this year.

That's part of the fun of looking through the boxes at a LCS. The shop we had here used to be the same way. They had so many boxes of stuff it was near impossible for them to look through it all on a consistent basis to find the stuff that got hot later after the initial release.

It's no different than finding a hot card or overlooked card in your own collection that you didn't know you had. You would have to have a seriously organized collection including a database of all your cards to not miss anything. For most of us that's too many cards to realistically keep track of. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts