Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DEBUNKED: Redsox High Bidders for SS Nakajima- Update- Yanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Re: Redsox High Bidders for SS Nakajima

I am not sure why, this boggles my mind why they would want this SS, they have plenty in the farm system and Iglesias is close to being ready and a few under him that are decent.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

Just heard this was debunked. Sox didn't think he could hit enough, so they weren't close to being the high posters.

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS

DeliciousBacon said:
Just heard this was debunked. Sox didn't think he could hit enough, so they weren't close to being the high posters.

Source? He could hit in Japan, but MLB pitching??

....297 with 16 homers and 100 RBIs in 144 games for Seibu

braden

Aug 7, 2008

brauny said:
I am not sure why, this boggles my mind why they would want this SS, they have plenty in the farm system and Iglesias is close to being ready and a few under him that are decent.

Iglesias might be the worst hitting prospect in the minors. He's not close to being ready for anything.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin

I read it on the internet so it must be true......

According to the agent Don Nomura the Jays were thought to be the high bidders (tweet from last night)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

bozemanbreaker said:
DeliciousBacon said:

Gordon Edes of the Boston Globe.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

DeliciousBacon said:
bozemanbreaker said:
DeliciousBacon said:

Gordon Edes of the Boston Globe.

Yea, Edes just tweeted that they did not post on Nakajima

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC

Wes said:
Debunked. Can we please try to be responsible when starting threads about RUMORS and at least depict them as such?

https://twitter.com/#!/GordonEdes/statu ... 7221937153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crying-so-happy.gif

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin

braden said:
brauny said:

Iglesias might be the worst hitting prospect in the minors. He's not close to being ready for anything.

Are you being serious here, come on man, he may swing a noodle for a bat now, but all he has to do is hit 250 with his defense.

braden

Aug 7, 2008

brauny said:
braden said:
brauny said:

Are you being serious here, come on man, he may swing a noodle for a bat now, but all he has to do is hit 250 with his defense.

Yeah, 'man', I am. Given his MiLB history, he'd be lucky to put up a .250 OBP in the Majors at this point. He's not Major League ready.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin

braden said:
brauny said:
braden said:
brauny said:

Yeah, 'man', I am. Given his MiLB history, he'd be lucky to put up a .250 OBP in the Majors at this point. He's not Major League ready.

Ok I said he is almost ready, give him one more year and he will be in my opinion, I am not biased at all here because I tend to not collect players or even follow them when they have as big as a head as JOSE has.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Posting fee: $2m.

My favorite part about posting fees? They are returnable if a contract isn't signed.

In other words, if you don't want your rival team to sign a player, just offer $1b.

Members online

Latest posts