Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs Trade Colvin/LeMahieu to Rockies for Stewart/Weathers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Cubs Acquire Ian Stewart In Four-Player Trade
By Luke Adams [December 8, 2011 at 7:21pm CST]
The Cubs have acquired Ian Stewart and Casey Weathers from the Rockies in exchange for Tyler Colvin and DJ LeMahieu, tweets Troy Renck of the Denver Post.

Each team acquires a 26-year-old former first round pick coming off a disappointing season. Stewart, a non-tender candidate, has long been linked to trade rumors and hit .156/.243/.221 in limited action in 2011. Colvin, meanwhile, hit .150/.204/.306 in 222 plate appearances.

Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported yesterday that the two teams were discussing a deal involving Stewart and Colvin.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I like this trade; and I do hope Stewart gets some success going. I hope Case Weathers can get a taste of big-league coffee.

WeathersUSAJumboPatchAUofOne.jpg

WeathersBowmanChromeSuperfractor.jpg

WeathersBowmanSterlingRedAu.jpg

WeathersBowmanChromeRedAU.jpg

x001.jpg

StewartStarPremieres.jpg

airbagsmacked

Feb 11, 2011
I really hate to see Tyler traded but maybe he can turn it around in Denver.Tyco is a great guy that I went to school with in South Carolina.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Cubs trade Colvin and Lemahieu to Rockies

For Ian Stewart and Casey Weathers.

I am sad to see them go but am happy to get Stewart. Hopefully a change of scenery will do his career right, and that opens up an OF spot for Brett Jackson

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Re: Cubs trade Colvin and Lemahieu to Rockies

Interesting trade... definitely high risk/high reward. Hopefully Stewart will live up to the potential he had. Will be an interesting replacement at 3rd base for Aramis, and much cheaper, leaving some extra cash to go for Darvish and other pitching help.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Man cant believe Colorado let Stewart go..I totally think this guy will make it huge..I've been chasing his cards ever since I saw him down here in the Springs(Sky Sox) and realized this dude can play ball..So I do hope Chicago does him some good!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts