Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yu-Mania has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I hope there is a demand for his Japanese RC. I have a few. And some inserts too.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I have the refractor version of that card. Will probably list it Sunday night. Would do it sooner, but I will be out of town without computer access Thurs-Sun next week. Would like to watch it close and be able to ship it as soon as possible if the buyer pays right away. I would hate for something to close and get paid for on a Thursday night and not be able to ship it until Monday.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Had I not lost my job back in March, I would have all my Darvish cards to sell now.

He was one of my best "prospecting" attempts and I felt really good about the money I had invested.

Here is a sample of his nicer cards I had at the time:

Sterling ref GU
(3) Sterling blue ref GU
Sterling black ref GU
(3) Bowman Chrome Blue ref
Bowman Chrome PSA 10

Sucked at the time to let it go and it sucks now knowing I would have a few hundred dollars coming my way.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sold this a couple of weeks ago when talks were heating up. Was shocked at how low it sold :( Certain it would sell for at least twice this much now if not more.

7/25
$(KGrHqV,!lEE6pthV22-BOyUYlLkRw~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260898477700?ss ... 1587.l2649

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Best time to buy has come and gone, but unless he somehow doesn't sign, i think his card prices are going to shoot straight up and stay there for awhile. If he goes to a big market team, i could see all his prices doubling over night. Wish I had more than just a couple cards to flip myself!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It never ceases to shock me how inefficient the market is. It was pretty much a known thing that he was coming to the US for a long time, and yet his cards were remarkably cheap for the last couple of years. It is just hard to fathom.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Out of sight.... out of mind.

He said during the WBC he wanted to play in Japan long enough to set records... so people forgot about him. During the season it looked like he was interested in playing in the US. And now that he is back in the news... people remember who he is and now see the Yankees in need of pitching. BUY BUY BUY

Wes

OG
Administrator
Hwilensky said:
Wes said:
zep33 said:
huh?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260910890123?ss ... 500wt_1413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good grief, I wish they would do that to my BC Gold Refractor 9.5: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180768912030?ss ... 500wt_1413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theres a guy with like 50 feedback looking for that.

I had to block a guy who wouldn't stop harassing me about it. Wanted to win it then pay in like a month after sending me multiple messages telling me it was too expensive and I should sell it for under $100.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Yeah, I figured as much. In full disclosure, I threw mine up there as well. In the 6 or so hours its been up this guy has emailed me twice already.

Hwilensky

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
sold my gold refractor for $165.99 this week. Very hgappy with the sell. Listing most of my remaining stuff except for a few blue refractors

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Topnotchsy said:
It never ceases to shock me how inefficient the market is. It was pretty much a known thing that he was coming to the US for a long time, and yet his cards were remarkably cheap for the last couple of years. It is just hard to fathom.

He wasn't one of my regular searches over the last year, but I definitely searched him once or twice a month. For the most part it was hard to find cards because most people seemed to be holding. I was able to piece together a decent little stash, but it was nowhere near what I would have liked to and would have accumulated if there had been a steady flow of his stuff listed.

That said, I sold a BDP Blue Ref for $75 today, very happy with that. I wonder where prices go once we know what team won the rights to negotiate with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts