Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stan Musial has a new message for Pujols

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Sorry if this has been posted

Stan and his grandson posted this picture on Twitter before Albert went to the Angels, well take a look at the link below to see some nice photo editing

4edfb6c27cd10image1.jpg

His message has changed since he left with a little help from Joe Sports Fan

http://www.kfns.com/JoeSportsFan/story.aspx?ID=1584248

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
goldenegg1 said:
hawkfandan said:
Did he really call Pujols? Oy vey. :benson:

Are you asking if he called Pujols, or are you asking if he called Pujols something derogatory?

If he called him to try and convince him to stay. Its naive to think that a phone call from an old timer with whom he has ZERO in common with would sway his decision in the least.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
hawkfandan said:
goldenegg1 said:
hawkfandan said:

Are you asking if he called Pujols, or are you asking if he called Pujols something derogatory?

If he called him to try and convince him to stay. Its naive to think that a phone call from an old timer with whom he has ZERO in common with would sway his decision in the least.

You must think very little of Albert Pujols to say this.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
sportscardtheory said:
hawkfandan said:
goldenegg1 said:
hawkfandan said:

You must think very little of Albert Pujols to say this.

Aside from stating the obvious (it didn't help, he left despite Musial's call) - I'm a realist in that I don't become attached to athletes to the point of blaming them for leaving for greener pastures. Admittedly, I'm a Cubs fan and despise the Cards and their fan base. However, I was hoping he'd stay in St Louis because its seems weird having him in another uniform. If and when the Cubs ever do win it all (not holding my breathe), I'd hoped Albert would be one of the Cardinals who's ass they'd beat. I wanted him there. I've come to appreciate him in a Cards uniform over the years and was terrified of him when he came up to the plate. However, I'm also smart enough to see dumb ass pandering when I see it and the above reeks of it. If Stan Musial had the chance to make $250 million in Miami when he was playing, you bet your sweet ass he'd haven taken it. Albert gave St Louis two world titles. He left for more money. Let's move on.