Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPDATE: Santo replacement auto arrived!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

On the day he was announced to the Hall I immediately jumped on the bay and grabbed a card I loved. A 2005 Ultimate Deacdes On Card Autograph. Yes this was discussed at length in another thread on how it was one of his best looking cards...

Well fast forward to today I get this message from the seller..

Joseph,
when you sent me the offer on this Santo, I thought, hmm, do I still have this card in inventory? Let me check before I accept. I found the card, I came back to the computer to accept your offer, and filling out your envelope a few days ago, its been sitting empty as of yet, with my frustration escalating each day. The card has disappeared. I have absolutely no freaking idea what I did with it. I've emptied every drawer in my desk here, overturned every box in this room, I am so disappointed. Right after this message, I am sending a refund via Paypal, AND I am sending an Ernie Banks autograph card I own in your still-empty envelope. OF COURSE when the card shows, I will surely let you know.

I am very sorry for the big mess this has become. I will also email a list to my buyers to see if we can't beat the $30 price with another one, too...

All the best,
Aaron

:( :( :( :(

EDIT: I have a Santo Auto!!
goldenegg1 pulled his auction and sold it to me!
Thanks for the help!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Re: So now I do not have a Santo Auto..Ugh

Sure,Right.
icon_e_wink.gif
. Why not say his DOG ate it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

nosterbor said:
Sure,Right.
icon_e_wink.gif
. Why not say his DOG ate it.
Because he does not have and dog, but he does live in his mother's basement.
I bet this card will end up on eBay again in the future.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

....well, assuming he's truth telling you end up with a free Banks auto but still have to rustle up a Santo. There are of course tons of 'em but the timing is not great and you had found a card you loved. Any way good luck....thought you collected balls Joe ;)

MaineMule said:
....well, assuming he's truth telling you end up with a free Banks auto but still have to rustle up a Santo. There are of course tons of 'em but the timing is not great and you had found a card you loved. Any way good luck....thought you collected balls Joe ;)

Scott,
I still try to keep my Certified Auto Cards of HOFers going as well. ;) Really wanted that card. ::facepalm::
Ill trade a Banks auto and $30 for one. :lol:

Well its the thrill of the search anyway, right? Ugh.

Stay Safe
Joe

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
MaineMule said:

Scott,
I still try to keep my Certified Auto Cards of HOFers going as well. ;) Really wanted that card. ::facepalm::
Ill trade a Banks auto and $30 for one. :lol:

Well its the thrill of the search anyway, right? Ugh.

Stay Safe
Joe

.....I also collect certified HOFer autos. The one I need that has been surprisingly difficult to pick up has been Herzog. The other recent inductee who I do not think has an on-card auto is Doug Harvey. I believe I have an on-card auto of every other HOFer who has one (not counting "cut" autos). I also do not have the Satchel Paige Goofy Pants (or whatever it's called) card.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

sorry to hear that joe...that sucks, man...

bright side is as many had mentioned that you get your cash back, ernie auto, and with some time passing, you'll be able to pick up another santo from that set very soon for around the same price, I'm sure!

dave

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

Clearly an honorable seller. You don't send Ernie Banks autographs for free to people you are trying to scam. Unless the Banks is the Nabisco, it's a $20 card at the bare minimum

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009

While it's unfortunate that you won't be getting the card, you'll be able to get an on-card Santo for a lot cheaper in a while (not cheaper than before he was voted into the HOF, but still). I agree that the seller seems on the up and up.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

Sean_C said:
While it's unfortunate that you won't be getting the card, you'll be able to get an on-card Santo for a lot cheaper in a while (not cheaper than before he was voted into the HOF, but still). I agree that the seller seems on the up and up.
This/\ The 2005 Ultimate Signature set is the only set I collect and the Santo will never be 30.00 again. The seller is def on the up and up.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly

Ernie Banks auto hand signed by the seller.....or a Willie Banks auto because he got Ernie and Willie mixed up like he "misplaced" the auto....How many people misplace an auto or ANY CARD that they HAVE ON EBAY?

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama

JEBJJA said:
Ernie Banks auto hand signed by the seller.....or a Willie Banks auto because he got Ernie and Willie mixed up like he "misplaced" the auto....How many people misplace an auto or ANY CARD that they HAVE ON EBAY?

It happens. I've misplaced cards before.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008

That sucks but he's making it right as best he can. Hard to beat a free Banks auto. I'm curious to know what card you recieve. If it's from the 98 Donruss Significant Signature set, maybe we can work something out.

Have you thought about the 2004 Greats of the Game autograph as a placeholder?

Tom

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008

It could very well have been lost. I know I had sold a Len Dawson legends auto that was short printed. The day after I sold it the card tripled in price when it was announced as a sp. Well as I was printing the shipping label my dog took a bite out of the card. The card had a nice dental impression on it from my dog. I sent a note to the buyer. He replied by calling me a liar,thief, and many other names. Sometimes things happen and the scammers make us skeptical

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Welll...this is listed right now...[ebay:pm48sam1]150717545661[/ebay:pm48sam1]

By this board member...goldenegg1

Maybe you guys can work something out...or you can just wait a few weeks and this will be a $15-20 card again... :)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Erich said:
There are roughly 125 of the Santo's out there that the OP is talking about. It will show up again.
The print run according to Beckett is a Tier2 or 275, so there should be plenty of these listed in the future... :)

Members online