Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay and the post office...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
With the popularity of Ebay and the increased amount of people pulling shipping scams---do you think there will come a time when Ebay and the post office will work together to verify each shipment---Would this work--A post office person would watch/verify what was in each package sent---maybe even having Ebay foot some of the bill (I know the post office is hurting right know). Is this just way to time and money consuming?

/10

Aug 1, 2011
Sounds incredibly difficult to implement in a reasonable way. I do wonder though whether or not there are enough scams out there via eBay that would warrant a mail fraud investigation. I feel like half the cases we see could fall under a federal crime and not just screwing someone on an online auction site.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Lifelongfan said:
With the popularity of Ebay and the increased amount of people pulling shipping scams---do you think there will come a time when Ebay and the post office will work together to verify each shipment---Would this work--A post office person would watch/verify what was in each package sent---maybe even having Ebay foot some of the bill (I know the post office is hurting right know). Is this just way to time and money consuming?

eBay runs a listing special... 1000 free listings.... someone list 250... 120 of those get a bid and are paid for. For the post office person to watch/verify.... would that person have to take 120 bubble mailers and all the supplies and package up those items in front of a post office employee? Instead of doing it at home with PayPal shipping.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Lifelongfan said:

eBay runs a listing special... 1000 free listings.... someone list 250... 120 of those get a bid and are paid for. For the post office person to watch/verify.... would that person have to take 120 bubble mailers and all the supplies and package up those items in front of a post office employee? Instead of doing it at home with PayPal shipping.

Yeah I agree that sounds very over-whelming...thats why maybe just on items over 100.00 or 50.00.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
On top of everything else, at the rate the post office is imploding, there's no way. Kinda like setting up business agreement with Enron in 2000.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I think this as a service that COMC would offer would make more sense, you ship your high dollar card to COMC, they scan it and ship it to the buyer verifying it's condition and that it was mailed.

Latest posts