Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies outfield prospects.

Which one is going to be the best?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I was thinking about how stacked the Phillies are with OF talent. Which one of these players will have the best careers and why?

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Bob Loblaw said:
Dom Brown.

Or Tyson Gillies.

Gillies I had in my mind, but after all of his injuries and foggy off the field issues I cannot consider him to have a worthy career lol. He has good tools though and Brown is not even prospect status anymore is he?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
jbone17 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
Dom Brown.

Or Tyson Gillies.

Gillies I had in my mind, but after all of his injuries and foggy off the field issues I cannot consider him to have a worthy career lol. He has good tools though and Brown is not even prospect status anymore is he?

Do you have any idea what his injuries are and his "foggy off the field issues" are?

I've had lunch with the guy. Trust me, he's legit.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Bob Loblaw said:
jbone17 said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":35b6yfjw]Dom Brown.

Or Tyson Gillies.

Do you have any idea what his injuries are and his "foggy off the field issues" are?

I've had lunch with the guy. Trust me, he's legit.[/quote:35b6yfjw]

He had numerous hamstring injuries, and oh yeah, nothing minor...just cocaine possession. ::facepalm::

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
jbone17 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
jbone17 said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":1oiazcxv]Dom Brown.

Or Tyson Gillies.

I've had lunch with the guy. Trust me, he's legit.

He had numerous hamstring injuries, and oh yeah, nothing minor...just cocaine possession. ::facepalm::[/quote:1oiazcxv]

Which was dropped as he had no cocaine residue on his person or in his blood, and the cocaine was not on him in the first place. The back of the cruiser had not been searched previous to Gillies accepting a ride home from an officer.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
I didnt vote but i wouldnt say the phillies are stacked with OF prospects. All those guys fit the category of "toolsy" and that generally means AAAA players.

I can point out a number of flaws with most of those guys. Let's see how Larry Greene does... hope he does a little better than the Wes Chamberlain/Ron Jones I think he's going to turn into.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Bob Loblaw said:
phillyfan0417 said:
I didnt vote but i wouldnt say the phillies are stacked with OF prospects. All those guys fit the category of "toolsy" and that generally means AAAA players.

I can point out a number of flaws with most of those guys. Let's see how Larry Greene does... hope he does a little better than the Wes Chamberlain/Ron Jones I think he's going to turn into.

If Ron Jones doesnt blow out his knee, I think the story on him is a little different.

I didnt realize he passed away in 2006...

http://phillies.scout.com/2/539569.html

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
phillyfan0417 said:

If Ron Jones doesnt blow out his knee, I think the story on him is a little different.

Ron Jones, Ricky Jordan, and Wes Chamberlain were my first attempts at prospecting.

(sigh)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Bob Loblaw said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":23vw5eki]
phillyfan0417 said:

Ron Jones, Ricky Jordan, and Wes Chamberlain were my first attempts at prospecting.

(sigh)[/quote:23vw5eki]

Those and Pat Combs for me...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":1b5i2wpc]
phillyfan0417 said:

(sigh)

Those and Pat Combs for me...[/quote:1b5i2wpc]

I have plenty more. . .

RIcky Bottalico (yeah, I know, reliever...duh), Mike Lieberthal, Kevin Stocker -- in college in 1993 I loaded up on Stocker. Smart move Jeff.... light hitting white shortstop surrounded by studs having career years. Keith Howell...

Actually, my first two were before Jordan and Chamberlain and Jones. My first two were JEFF STONE and JUAN SAMUEL. 1984 Fleer/Topps Traded Sammys and 1985 Donruss Jeff Stones....

Ah, the good ol' days...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Bob Loblaw said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":eadycz6r]
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":eadycz6r]
phillyfan0417 said:

(sigh)

Those and Pat Combs for me...[/quote:eadycz6r]

I have plenty more. . .

RIcky Bottalico (yeah, I know, reliever...duh), Mike Lieberthal, Kevin Stocker -- in college in 1993 I loaded up on Stocker. Smart move Jeff.... light hitting white shortstop surrounded by studs having career years. Keith Howell...

Actually, my first two were before Jordan and Chamberlain and Jones. My first two were JEFF STONE and JUAN SAMUEL. 1984 Fleer/Topps Traded Sammys and 1985 Donruss Jeff Stones....

Ah, the good ol' days...[/quote:eadycz6r]

Tyler Greene

:lol:

Latest posts