Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Brackman to the Reds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks like the Yanks are cutting their losses. Their initial deal with him may have been the worst in their draft history.

Reds To Sign Andrew Brackman
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 13, 2011 at 11:07am CST]

The Reds have agreed to sign former first round pick Andrew Brackman to a Major League deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (Twitter link). The 26-year-old Cincinnati native will earn the MLB minimum plus incentives.

The Yankees selected Brackman 30th overall in 2007, but he recorded just seven outs for them in the Major Leagues. The 6'10" right-hander posted a 5.11 ERA with 8.0 K/9 and 5.0 BB/9 in three minor league seasons before with the Yankees. They declined their 2012 option on Brackman after the season, making him a free agent.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Whats crazy is the amount of incentives his contract with the Yankees contained. Brackman's contract would have pushed close to $13 million, which would have been the richest in draft history. While he didn't get 13 million, he did well. The Yankees paid Brackman nearly $6 million during his four-plus years in the organization. In return they got 7 outs at the MLB level.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Zymco said:
Can't believe someone gave him a big league deal.

It's unreal that he's been on a big league deal since 2007. It was such a stupid move by NY.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
braden said:
Zymco said:

It's unreal that he's been on a big league deal since 2007. It was such a stupid move by NY.

When he played for the Riverdogs in Charleston he was

2-12 5.91 103/76 k/bb

I always wondered why he was so highly regarded.

I think I speak for all Yankees fans when I say "Good riddance".

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
aminors said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
braden said:
Zymco said:

When he played for the Riverdogs in Charleston he was

2-12 5.91 103/76 k/bb

I always wondered why he was so highly regarded.

I think I speak for all Yankees fans when I say "Good riddance".

Amen brother. He should have played in the NBA!

Members online

Latest posts