Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Prospectus's Pads Top 11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Always nice to get a different view on prospect lists. considering both came out the same week.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=15662

System In 20 Words Or Less: Not star-studded but loaded with depth, as you could jumble numbers one-to-seven in any order and not get a big argument.

Four-Star Prospects

1. Rymer Liriano, OF
2. Robbie Erlin, LHP
3. Jedd Gyorko, 3B
4. Cory Spangenberg, 2B
5. Joe Wieland, RHP
6. Anthony Rizzo, 1B
7. Casey Kelly, RHP
8. Austin Hedges, C
9. Joe Ross, RHP
Three-Star Prospects
10. Keyvius Sampson, RHP
11. Donavan Tate, OF

Nine More:
12. Jaff Decker, OF: Outfielder with power, walks and the athleticism of a beer-league softball player.
13. Reymond Fuentes, OF: Outstanding defender in center with speed; big questions about bat and power.
14. James Darnell, OF: Great year at Double-A, but it was a level repeat and he's no longer an infielder.
15. Blake Tekotte, OF: Hard not to love for effort; good fourth-outfielder skills.
16. Edinson Rincon, OF: Scouts like the bat, but power is debatable and defense is ugly.
17. Jonathan Galvez, 2B: Gap power and speed, but bad approach and poor defense.
18. Matt Lollis, RHP: Right-handed has the size of a defensive end, but needs to harness his stuff.
19. Adys Portillo, RHP: Progress is disturbingly slow, but upside is still there.
20. Simon Castro, RHP: Has gone backwards from big prospect days, as fastball is only dependable pitch.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Definitely think Rizzo and Sampson are too low, but Erlin is ranked closer to where I'd rank him than where BA had him. I couldn't believe they had him as low as they did. He has arguably some of the best command out there right now.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
19braves77 said:
Its fun to root for the fat players. Dan Vogelbach is going to be fun to watch leg out doubles.

Based on the picture on his Bowman Draft card, he is the second coming of Hector Villanueva. If he pans out as a prospect, he may set the Major League record for "singles off the wall".

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
If Key Sampson is #10, that should be a fairly stacked top 10...but it isn't.

I found it interesting that BA projected him as the closer in 2013. I was thinking the Padres were grooming him for an eventual #2 or #3 slot in the rotation. Did I miss some news on him?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts