Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Christmas Gift for myself. Goodwin style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
A few months ago I picked up the Ronald Reagan. Bill Me Later was running a special. Spend over $99 by Dec 31st and get no interest or payments til July. This was listed and figured now would be a great time to buy. Like with the Reagan I put in a bid not expecting to win.... totally figured someone would snipe at the last second. So happy that didn't happen. Got this for about $358 dlvd.

001-29.jpg
:D

Only 1 more Id really like to add. I havnt seen one in ages so I doubt Ill add it. And even if it is listed... I;m sure I wont be able to afford it. Would love to add an Abraham Lincoln.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Christmas Gfit for myself. Goodwin style

Its a painting. Each President has one and only 10 exist per President. 4 different artist did them. This one was done by Jared Kelley. He did most of the popular Presidents. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson etc.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

P_Manning 18 said:
Its a painting. Each President has one and only 10 exist per President. 4 different artist did them. This one was done by Jared Kelley. He did most of the popular Presidents. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson etc.

very cool. how do the backs look?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011

congrats, beautiful card, and a little bit of history to boot.

for those who haven't followed these cards, the 1/10 cards (I think for each President) has gold painted edges so they are, in that sense, 1/1s. I believe the Kennedy 1/1 also had an American Flag painted in the background.

I think the 1/10s have gone for a premium, but I'm basing this mostly on the JFK that sold for ~$2k offline if I remember correctly. The Lincoln sold for $500 best offer on eBay, which was less than some other non-1/10s Lincolns have sold for.

I'd really like a Nixon--anyone know who painted that one? think i've only seen one redemption card of his on eBay in all this time...

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

I managed to pull a John Adams from just a few boxes of Goodwin, these are truly amazing cards. Jared Kelly told
me that he is exclusive with either Leaf or UD, and they are looking to make more cards like these. Im not sure if
that is good or bad. You hate to see the market flooded with these things. I have emailed Kelly a few times and
he is very excited about these cards and a good guy to talk to. I did not know about the American flag variations,
those have to be amazing. There is a collector here who put together the entire set. Congrats on the pick up

Kevin

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

mwheeler27 completed the set and I think he is slowly trying to swap out the ones he has with the 1/10s. I believe he paid the $2000 for the Kennedy. Kennedy is the only flag background 1/10. Ronald Reagan has the American Flag in the background on all of his paintings.

ReaganGoodwin.jpg

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009

Awesome pickup on the Kennedy!

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Here's the Kennedy with the flag in the background:

I currently have 25 of the 1/10s, hoping to find some more. The Eisenhower is like this Kennedy where the 1/10 of his is the only one with the flag in the background. I have not yet seen it surface.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008

Incredible pieces. Those must be phenomenal to see in person.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
Christmas Gfit for myself. Goodwin style

Congrats on getting it for that price. I'd love to go after these beautiful cards but I'm trying to focus.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown

mwheeler27 said:
Awesome pickup on the Kennedy!

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Here's the Kennedy with the flag in the background:

I currently have 25 of the 1/10s, hoping to find some more. The Eisenhower is like this Kennedy where the 1/10 of his is the only one with the flag in the background. I have not yet seen it surface.

I would love to see scans of them all. Got a bucket/site link?

Members online

Latest posts