Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

YU DARVISH - When to sell?

When to sell Yu Darvish Cards?

• Yesterday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I have a few ending Friday and a couple more ending Sunday. But I read today that his team has until next Tueday to announce if they accept the bid and at that point we learn the team. So we might not know til next week and after that you have Christmas so selling might be tough if they dont announce it this week.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Hopefully he goes to a large market team (Yankees...cough-cough)

And if so, his cards will go even higher. Personally, I am holding off until he is signed

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
The high bid was from the Toronto Blue Jays so id sell before it comes out to the public that they were the winner.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
MallCopKJ said:
The high bid was from the Toronto Blue Jays so id sell before it comes out to the public that they were the winner.

Is that a guess or is someone reporting that?

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
SeattleSports said:
MallCopKJ said:

Cant be publicly reported for a few days. I believe it will be announced Monday.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
MallCopKJ said:
SeattleSports said:
MallCopKJ said:

Cant be publicly reported for a few days. I believe it will be announced Monday.

It will come out tonight or tomorrow.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Yea, MLB has to call up the Yankees and let them know what the highest bid is so they can re-submit the bid to be a winner.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:
Ummmm....wow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yu-Darvish-2009 ... 3cbf803c8b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure how that sale happens when there are BINs in the $20s and $30s all over the place. Are people that dumb?

I'd say the best time to sell is when the team goes public, but it will probably hurt prices if it really is the Blue Jays. The Cubs or Yankees would help prices, the Rangers would probably help prices, but not as much as the Cubs or Yanks. If you bought in early enough, it probably would have been beneficial to move at least some of your stash before the announcement.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
MallCopKJ said:

So Blue Jays fans dont spend money? Im pretty sure I made a killing on Lawrie and Bautista.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If the Cubs or Yankees win the rights - his cards will see a spike.

Any other teams - not as likely.

Probably wise to list now, during the uncertainty.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Listed a raw Darvish today and I get a message from a guy with just a wantlist of BGS Darvishes. I message him back saying I don't have anything but the one I listed, and I get this:

RAW cards are worthless and they are a dimer a dozen and NObody with 1/2 a brain wants them.
And It is in your utmost very best interest to get these Darvish cards on my want list graded BGS 9.5 & BGS 10 as I am paying BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and I am the Darvish GURU KING, BAR NONE, trust me

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
bigpapiMA32 said:
Listed a raw Darvish today and I get a message from a guy with just a wantlist of BGS Darvishes. I message him back saying I don't have anything but the one I listed, and I get this:

RAW cards are worthless and they are a dimer a dozen and NObody with 1/2 a brain wants them.
And It is in your utmost very best interest to get these Darvish cards on my want list graded BGS 9.5 & BGS 10 as I am paying BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and I am the Darvish GURU KING, BAR NONE, trust me

Told him thanks but no thanks and:

I said RAW cards are a dime a dozen and you wont get much for it
Get it graded overnight a BGS 9.5 and you will get Bookoos of bloody loot for it
If its only a 9 then you still wont get much for it
NObody pays big bucks for imperfections, flaws, crappy condition cards
RAW card conditions are very suspect at best and are too easy to bait and switch
Graded cards cant be bait and switch and the buyer gets exactly what he bid on and paid for.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
bigpapiMA32 said:

Just reading that made me
1. cringe at the utter stupidity and contamination of the human race
2. forward it to 5 people

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
D-Lite said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Just reading that made me
1. cringe at the utter stupidity and contamination of the human race
2. forward it to 5 people

Then prepare yourself for his latest response. My friend suggested I reply back "Sorry, I don't take advice from Brits," which I did.

"NO BRIT HERE DUDE MATE
ALL AMERICAN
NOT ADVICE, ITS TRUE COLD HARDCORE FACTS CHIEF"

His user name is elvis_decanters, which is pretty hilarious in itself.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
All my Darvish cards are now sold. One fell swoop took them all. Couldn't pass it up.

The same for my Cespedes cards. All gone. Same buyer.

Best short term investment in a long time.

Members online

Latest posts