Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs top 20 prospects according to Cubbie Crib

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
1- Brett Jackson

Projects as a solid,everyday outfielder. He could be a 20 HR 20SB guy ETA 2012

2- Matt Sczur

Projects as a leadoff hitter of the future ETA 2013

3- Trey Mcnutt

Projects as a frontline starter or closer ETA 2013

4- Javier Baez

Projects as 3B of the future ETA 2015+

5- Rob Whitenack

Projects as a mid rotation starter ETA 2014

6- Rafael Dolis

Projects as most likely closer but he could yet be converted back into a mid rotation starter ETA 2013

7- Wellington Castillo

Projects as at worst should be a quality backup catcher, but there is a chance he would be effective in a starting role

8- Jeff Beliveau

Projects as a very good left handed reliever who would do just fine as a setup man or closer ETA 2012

9- Josh Vitters

Projects as. Vitters bat with a little extra patience should keep him in the majors. He would like to stay at #B but a move to LF may be in the cards ETA 2013

10- Junior Lake

Projects as. With Castro a fixture at short for the Cubs, Lake will almost certainly move to 3B. His mix of power and speed should work well whereever he plays ETA 2014

11- Dae-Eun Rhee

Projects as. Rhee looks like a number 3 starter ETA 2013

12- Dan Vogelbach

Projects as. Vogelbachs game is all about power, and thats exactly what he could bring to the Cubs in a few seasons ETA 2015+

13- Zeke Devoss

Projects as. If he can keep showing the patience he showed in 2011, Devoss could be a fixture atop the Cubs order as well as on the infield ETA 2014

14- Pin-Chieh Chen

Projects as. Chen looks like hes ticketed for the OF. At the plate hes another guy with top of the order potential ETA 2015+

15- Jeimer Candelario

Projects as. As judging from his excellent DSL numbers, Candelario might have as much potential as anyone in the Cubs farm system. If he can stick at 3B defensively, he could become a fixture there for the Cubs ETA 2015

16- Luis Liria

Projects as. If he can cut back on the walks, he could check in as high as a mid rotation guy ETA 2015

17- Gioskar Amaya

Projects as. The Cubs are crowded at infield in the low minors. Amaya might wind up as a utility player, but a good one ETA 2015

18- Dillon Maples

Projects as. His upside might be the highest among pitchers in the farm system. He has true ace potential. Until we see how he adjusts to the mechanical tweaks though, I am going to stay cautious on this one ETA 2015+

19- Jae-Hoon Ha

Projects as At worst Ha looks like a solid defensive 4th OF. He could push Brett Jackson out of center, but I dont think it will hold when Sczur arrives ETA 2013

20- Hayden Simpson

Projects as. The critics will say hes a middle reliever at best, but I'm not writing him off yet. Hes a number 2 or 3 starter, if his velocity comes back ETA 2014

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
IMO Junior Lake, Dillon Maples, and Candelario are ranked to low. Surprised that Dolis and Whitenack are ranked so high(although I have a load of Dolis cards I want to dump) so im not mad about it. Pretty decent system. At least we are going in the right direction

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Maples is way too low. I'd also rank Baez higher - he has arguably the best hitting tool in this year's draft.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
tm decomposer said:
Shame Whitenack had to get TJ. Local kid from a D-3 program, great story.

Im curious to see if he can come back with that deadly curve of his after surgey. Before the injury he was lights out.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
Am I the only one who wants to see Vogelbach start for the Cubs this year?
I love this guy!

Your not the only one but its going to be awhile

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
After seeing Beliveau pitch this year for the AA Smokies, I think he will be a great addition to the pen.....He throws low-mid 90s and has some nasty offspeed stuff.

Members online

Latest posts