Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS flip question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've been watching some YouTube videos on people's BGS maildays. It seems like some auto grades come with the separate little square next to a smaller main flip, like this:

Others have a flip that looks like a standard one from the front but with the auto grade on the back, like the one in this auction (I don't have one myself so I just used the first auction I could find):
[ebay:2wk3oi2y]120830548917[/ebay:2wk3oi2y]

Seems like mostly football cards come with the latter type of auto flip. Is one type an older version? Can you request one or the other?

Thanks.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
olerud363 said:
I've been watching some YouTube videos on people's BGS maildays. It seems like some auto grades come with the separate little square next to a smaller main flip, like this:

Others have a flip that looks like a standard one from the front but with the auto grade on the back, like the one in this auction (I don't have one myself so I just used the first auction I could find):
[ebay:13rdsc3e]120830548917[/ebay:13rdsc3e]

Seems like mostly football cards come with the latter type of auto flip. Is one type an older version? Can you request one or the other?

Thanks.

I believe on thicker cards the autograph grade is on the back.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
It is not that uncommon for BGS to run out of the plastic slabs that have the extra window for the autograph grade. As they must meet guaranteed deadlines on grades, they will often just put them in the regular slabs and include the autograph on the back. I believe that they will exchange them at no cost, provided you pay for the shipping, but I am not positive about this.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
yea i have had regular bowman chrome autos come back with the auto grade on the back.

Latest posts