Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showoff

Aug 8, 2009
I got a chance to get a Harper Bowman chrome auto from my bro for around $160, is this a good time to buy? How much could it go up?

001-2.jpg

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
There is no way I would pay $160 for that card. The autograph is smudged and the card is off centered, you are looking at a BGS 9 with a 9 autograph. Take $160 and by a copy that looks better on eBay.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
showoff said:
So I should do it? I mean I get it is a quite a bit of exagageration

Sorry my crystal ball is broken, but after I check next years stocks I will look this one up for ya :D

showoff

Aug 8, 2009
nyc3 said:
showoff said:

Sorry my crystal ball is broken, but after I check next years stocks I will look this one up for ya :D
Thanks, but in all seriousness, worth the risk?

Wes

OG
Administrator
showoff said:
nyc3 said:
showoff said:

Thanks, but in all seriousness, worth the risk?

All the sarcastic responses (including my own) are an indication that this is a decision that you need to make on your own. It's your money.

NCAAFTTM

Nov 20, 2011
I would say yes. Last one to sell went 200.00 its the offseason and once spring training starts up.... Worth the risk IMO. Good luck with your decision.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Don't do it for $160, it is becoming more and more obvious that Harper will not live up to the expectation or anywhere near it and before I get flamed I know it's way too early to tell. But from what I've read, this guy is not a hard-working guy, he obviously has the talent, but he lacks the intangibles to become a HOFer or someone of that caliber. I predict his stuff drops to half that price like $80 an auto real soon. Plus like another poster pointed out the auto is signed with a crappy pen and it definitely not perfect centering. Centering may even put you at an 8.5 if the surface and corners aren't perfect and the auto looks like a 9. $160 is too much even in the current market for it. Counter with $110 maybe work up a bit to $125 if you are just one of those guys whose on the Harper train and needs his auto.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Not a hard working guy? What have you been reading?

homerun28aa said:
Don't do it for $160, it is becoming more and more obvious that Harper will not live up to the expectation or anywhere near it and before I get flamed I know it's way too early to tell. But from what I've read, this guy is not a hard-working guy, he obviously has the talent, but he lacks the intangibles to become a HOFer or someone of that caliber. I predict his stuff drops to half that price like $80 an auto real soon. Plus like another poster pointed out the auto is signed with a crappy pen and it definitely not perfect centering. Centering may even put you at an 8.5 if the surface and corners aren't perfect and the auto looks like a 9. $160 is too much even in the current market for it. Counter with $110 maybe work up a bit to $125 if you are just one of those guys whose on the Harper train and needs his auto.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Wes said:

homerun28aa said:
Harper autos will go up before they drop to $80. While most players his age are in lo A , Bryce was playing in AA. There will be plenty of hype during spring training that the prices of his cards will rise. With a decent performance in spring training there will be good money to make of his autos. Don't need him to become a HoF just have a good 2-3 weeks and prices go up.
Now 5-10 years down the road these could be $80.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Wes said:

homerun28aa said:
Exactly. While im not the biggest Harper fan for anyone to knock his work ethic or drive is insane.

Members online