Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steroid List

Should they release the names of the other 103 steroid users?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
In some ways I think they should not name the rest of the guys, because it was under the agreement that it wouldn't get out. Then again, since Arod and Bonds were outed and we know there are another 103 guys out there, it seems only fair now to the players who didn't use to tell all. So that suspicion doesn't cloud their careers forever.

Obviously baseball won't do it, but if some lawyer/fed/reporter does it, I think it would be the best thing for baseball's future. It would be the final clearing of the closet from the steroid era.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Ignorance can be bliss...but I say name them. I think everyone needs to get f*cked over and ruined in order for everything to get fully cleaned up.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
nborton said:
In some ways I think they should not name the rest of the guys, because it was under the agreement that it wouldn't get out. Then again, since Arod and Bonds were outed and we know there are another 103 guys out there, it seems only fair now to the players who didn't use to tell all. So that suspicion doesn't cloud their careers forever.

Obviously baseball won't do it, but if some lawyer/fed/reporter does it, I think it would be the best thing for baseball's future. It would be the final clearing of the closet from the steroid era.

I've gotta agree with you there. All the suspicion and wonder would be put to rest. As you said, the cloud would be lifted from many of the players that defined the era. On the other hand players in the HOF or future hofer may have their reps tarnished. It all comes with the territory I guess.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
sethyarkony said:
dude...espn would need 3 hours of sportscenter each night to cover that alone... i vote no because of my tv preferences, and because i dont care who is on it.

They probably wouldn't though. No time for TO or Cowboys stories. :lol:

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
nborton said:
sethyarkony said:
dude...espn would need 3 hours of sportscenter each night to cover that alone... i vote no because of my tv preferences, and because i dont care who is on it.

They probably wouldn't though. No time for TO or Cowboys stories. :lol:
haha yeah. but i'm just in it for me....they can deal with their roid problems outside the televison :) :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
sethyarkony said:

could not have said it better, espn is already not showing sporting news because of stupid steroids...it is bad when i cant even watch espn because i would rather not hear people argue on if we are entering the dark ages of baseball

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm interested from a curiosity standpoint.

But, I don't think revealing all of the names will give me closure on the Steroid Era. The Player's Union made the MLB notify the players before they were to be tested. So, the whole testing was a sham in the first place. Clearly, the player's union wanted less than 5% positive results so we wouldn't have steroid testing in the future and MLB STILL obtained 10%+ positive results. I doubt they caught even half of the players.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I just want this whole drama put to bed. I am tired of hearing about Roid-gate 2007, 2008, 2009. Its a given that steroid use was rampant in baseball but lets just put it to bed and move on.

Baseball has perfected the mistake of letting a black cloud shroud itself over the sport. Its time to put the policies that have been made to use and get the ship righted and sailing again.

Get the list out there, hold no more hush hush secretive info, hold the people accountable that are unapologetic and lets get on with it. Damn, what a soap opera this has been!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Just a sad situation really. If one name is released (which I still don't see how they can do if they were under agreement of anonymity when tested), they all need to be released.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Although I continue to think it's just 'low class' for any sports professional to use PED's, I think this has just about superceeded any one, or group, of individual users. It's time to go after the source(s), thoes who supplied it, thoes who looked the other way, and thoes who's 'blind eye' was promoting it. The managers, owners and even the comminisher should now have to answer for this.

When in rome, you do what the romans do. but if what you are doing is eventually deemed illegal, than who is ultimatly to blame? Thoes simply doing? Or, thoes who set the trend and let it happen? Each player should be named, because ultimatly it was a poor choice they made. But, thoes who stood silently beside, riding the wave of sucess on this dirty secret should ultimatly be accountable.

I say, lets stop punishing the romans for being 'roman', and lets start to ask the hard questions and find out why it's such a problem and how it was allowed for so long. When your in a place of power, such as managers, owners and ultimatly the comminisher, it's just as a serious offence to do nothing as it is to perpetuate a punishable act. By there indifference to the steroids era, and even perhaps a shadow of acceptance, we are here now tearing at the pawns while the kings scuttle about freely pointing in shame.

Enough is enough...

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I think the other 103 (or some portion of it) will come out when SI decides it needs to sell more magazines. I'm sure they know about more than just A-Rod from that list, so it should only be a matter of time.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Craig - 21hawk said:
I'd rather not see MLB sued into oblivion by the MLBPA, so no they should not release all the names.

Craig

There's no way MLB will do it, but if for some reason the feds/judges/lawyers do what can the MLB do about it? It's not really their fault at that point.

Side note: I think the best thing to do would be to release it all. Then have regular testing on everyone in the league, and have a spot on the MLB website that lists all the test each player has taken. If they want to save their sport (and be the leader in drug testing) they need to be overly proactive and not at all secretive about who passes and fails. Baseball's getting it now, but I really believe football has it coming sooner or later.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Penno said:
I think the other 103 (or some portion of it) will come out when SI decides it needs to sell more magazines. I'm sure they know about more than just A-Rod from that list, so it should only be a matter of time.

That's a good point. They probably do know.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Looking at Pete Rose and gambling (not even on himself/his team), I think these people should be put under the spotlight. Makes me sick thinking of them getting away with it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Absolutely not. This list should not be released.

Why?

It's not complete and I don't want anyone to think it is complete. Every single player knew about this test and therefore had every possible opportunity to get "clean" before this test. To think that only 105+ players used steroids in 2003 is comical.

So no, keep the list hidden, and get Selig to start talking and taking some responsibility for the state of his bed.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
But it out there already, otherwise we will be hearing about this for the next 50 years, as they release 2 names each year. Get it out in the open, and put it to bed.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
gregbara said:
But it out there already, otherwise we will be hearing about this for the next 50 years, as they release 2 names each year. Get it out in the open, and put it to bed.
You can't put anything to bed with an incomplete list.

This list is incredibly incomplete.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
blanning71 said:
I just want this whole drama put to bed. I am tired of hearing about Roid-gate 2007, 2008, 2009. Its a given that steroid use was rampant in baseball but lets just put it to bed and move on.

Baseball has perfected the mistake of letting a black cloud shroud itself over the sport. Its time to put the policies that have been made to use and get the ship righted and sailing again.

Get the list out there, hold no more hush hush secretive info, hold the people accountable that are unapologetic and lets get on with it. Damn, what a soap opera this has been!

Agree 100%, but lets change it to steroids were rampant in SPORTS. And also, everyone please remember, that baseball did not test for performance enhancing drugs. I have said this before and I will say it again, doesnt matter what era the player played in, if there was a way for them to take a drug to heal faster that was not against MLB rules at the time, every player would take it.

I dont care who it is, Hank Aaron even, would have taken and honestly may have, we have no way of knowing because Baseball didnt test for it. Players are/were taking these drugs not to enhance their skills--steroids does not make you hit a home run any further, you still have to hit a round ball with a round bat just right.

Steroids and PEDs were being used to heal from injuries and pains faster.....and since nobody tested them or were against MLB Rules, I really dont care who used them--doesnt really tarnish any records or anything in my mind. Plus, just as many pitchers were using as hitters, so you figure these guys are putting up these numbers against pitchers who are using as well......it is just a big circle.

It has already come out that Football players were using them like crazy, and we know the story on all the wrestlers and olympians etc. Lets all just move on and face the facts----the numbers of users is really high, in all sports, in all parts of the world.

TK

Members online

Latest posts