Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Kubel a Diamondback....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
markakis8 said:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/diamondbacks-to-sign-jason-kubel.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Man people are moving all over the place this season. The Twins seems to be losing some of their veterans in the off season to free agency.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Where is he going to play...1B? Upton in RF, Young in CF, and Parra (gold glover) in LF

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Towers says Kubel will be LF, Parra to be 4th outfielder.

Not sure I really agree with this move...Kubel will provide more power than Parra can, but I love Parra and his defense and arm are pretty hard to top. Won't kill us, but just didn't seem neccessary at this point.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
nkdbacks said:
Towers says Kubel will be LF, Parra to be 4th outfielder.

Not sure I really agree with this move...Kubel will provide more power than Parra can, but I love Parra and his defense and arm are pretty hard to top. Won't kill us, but just didn't seem neccessary at this point.

I'm with you. I would have preferred the money towards a pitcher (Saunders or Kuroda).

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
I don't quite get this signing of Kubel. Kubel has never played more than 100 games in the outfield in any season. He has never played 1st base either. He is a poor defender. He does hit for decent power and a solid average. He could hit .280 with 25 homers next year. I don't know if this is enough of an offensive upgrade to make up for his defensive deficiencies.

Parra is 24 years old and is an elite outfielder defensively. He gets excellent jumps on the ball, and has one of the best arms in all of the baseball. He won many games with his arm and often times runners would not attempt to take the extra base because of fear of being thrown out. His offense made strides last year as he hit .300 and 8 HR. I think he will rise to the competition and win the left field job. Towers did mention they may have to make a trade as there are 14 veterans under contract. I hope Parra is not dealt as I believe this will be a mistake.