Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Breaking: Bill Conlin resigns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
must be something in the water in the NY/PA area. seriously though, if it's true, it's sickening what this world is becoming. just chop his hnads and dick off and everything will be a little better, if he is guilty. i will reserve judgement until the end

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
He certainly looked the part.

I think there are a lot more child molesters out there than we want to admit. I always keep a close eye on my boys. If more parents did, this wouldn't happen nearly as much.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
This is just the tip of the iceberg as more people come forward it will get worse and grow larger

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
NBR-Edited.png

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
What in the fugg? Is EVERYBODY molesting children nowadays? This is just all types of disturbing.

I was luke-warm on him as a writer...he was decent, but at times just seemed way off base. But really...WTF!

Sources say that the victim is former Phillies prospect Michael Taylor

(Off-color joke for anyone who reads his columns)

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
While these are HORRIBLE actions between Sandusky and now potentially Conlin...

...I gotta say, I'm glad that Pennsylvania is taking the heat off of Florida as being the #1 effed up state.

That being said, I've spent almost 39 years living between the two...

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Have no idea who this clown is, but if guilty I hope he gets his in prison.
The sad thing is, it is guys like him who are voting on Hall of Fame inductees and they get to reserve judgement on others.

Aug 13, 2008
Not that this has anything to do with it, but Conlin was one of those BBWAA HOF voters who said that since Joe Dimaggio didn't get in the HOF on the first ballot, he would never vote someone in on the first ballot.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
is killing the worst of these scum really such a terrible thing?
i am really bothered by the ages, sandusky and conlin just getting
caught after probably getting away with this crap for decades.
i really doubt either of them got into their 60's and decided
11 year old's were attractive. so, maybe 50 years each this has been
going on?

im gonna go puke, jesus christ

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
boomo said:
is killing the worst of these scum really such a terrible thing?
i am really bothered by the ages, sandusky and conlin just getting
caught after probably getting away with this crap for decades.
i really doubt either of them got into their 60's and decided
11 year old's were attractive. so, maybe 50 years each this has been
going on?

im gonna go puke, jesus christ

I agree with most of what you say but they still have to go to court and be proven guilty.

Everyone deserves that right.

In regards to Sandusky, theres something like 50 separate charges and apparently most of them (over 40 or so) would have him spending the rest of his life in prison so even if he beats say 75% of the charges, he probably wont ever be a free man again!
The chances that 10 different people are lying of course is slim but he stills deserves the chance to defend himself.
Everyone does.

And no one gets caught the first time so chances are if this conlin guy is infact a ****, he has been for a # of years.

Here in Canada Theo Fleury is quite vocal about his child abuse story and supposedly 1 in every 6 males have been sexually abused at some point in their lives.

Think about that # and its not surprising that outside of the routine **** being busted, its now expanding into areas where the molesters hold a great amount of power (Sandusky/Fine) or are fairly famous locally with stellar reps.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
He will probably never be charged with anything, since his offenses occurred in the Mid-70s and most states set the Limitations at 1996 for these type of things. This law is going to up for Public debate ALOT in the next coupla years I bet.

Also, he was inducted into the Sportswriters branch of the HOF last year...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
gt2590 said:
He will probably never be charged with anything, since his offenses occurred in the Mid-70s and most states set the Limitations at 1996 for these type of things. This law is going to up for Public debate ALOT in the next coupla years I bet.

das boot?

TenaciousJDD

gt2590 said:

Fortunately there is not actually a Sportswriters branch of the Hall of Fame. J. G. Taylor Spink award winners are not considered members of the Hall. They accept the award at the induction ceremony, but they are not actually "inducted" or "enshrined." Not that this makes anything about these allegations less horrible. Sigh.

Members online

Latest posts