Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stealth release from Leaf.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Interesting.

Wonder what the PricePoint is, and if there are Frankensticker cards.

image001-2.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
js0000001 said:
Price makes me think there could be some scrubs in there

Yep, the price does indicate that there will be some lesser quality stuff in there, but perhaps BG is true to his "thank you" statment on the sell sheet. Perhaps this is a product being sold at cost as a token of appreciation for "a great year of support". Maybe, just maybe Brian is not trying to use the "here, this is for all your support" theme to simply make more money, but actually giving thanks by offering something as a gesture of gratitude?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
matfanofold said:
js0000001 said:

Yep, the price does indicate that there will be some lesser quality stuff in there, but perhaps BG is true to his "thank you" statment on the sell sheet. Perhaps this is a product being sold at cost as a token of appreciation for "a great year of support". Maybe, just maybe Brian is not trying to use the "here, this is for all your support" theme to simply make more money, but actually giving thanks by offering something as a gesture of gratitude?

MonkeyAss.png

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Just to get the cards slabbed might cost $10 each (probably a little less) Lets say he paid an average of $10 each per card. Which would leave him with $10 profit per card.

I would estimate that Leaf paid less then $5 each for a majority of the cards in this product

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Bob Loblaw said:
matfanofold said:
js0000001 said:

MonkeyAss.png

:lol:

Seriously though, if this whole "thank you" and appreciation theme being used to market this product has no real basis other than a marketing scheme, I'd be suprised! I highly doubt BG is careless enough to advertise that way and not actually put some sort of "thank you" or appreciation in to the actual value of the product in terms of customer appreciation. Or....?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I think that break would be awesome, vintage buyback cards sound great lot of mystery, I'm sure it will mostly be crap but still, should get some exciting cards as well.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
js0000001 said:
Just to get the cards slabbed might cost $10 each (probably a little less) Lets say he paid an average of $10 each per card. Which would leave him with $10 profit per card.

I would estimate that Leaf paid less then $5 each for a majority of the cards in this product

I don't think he paid $10 per card to get slabbed, I am sure PSA or JSA gave him a sick deal I'd bet he's getting them slabbed at like $5 per card at most depending on how many he got slabbed. Also, when a company like Leaf brings in a huge amount of cards to get slabbed I think there is probably some corruption involved like an 8 getting graded a 9 and stuff like that.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
homerun28aa said:
js0000001 said:

I don't think he paid $10 per card to get slabbed, I am sure PSA or JSA gave him a sick deal I'd bet he's getting them slabbed at like $5 per card at most depending on how many he got slabbed. Also, when a company like Leaf brings in a huge amount of cards to get slabbed I think there is probably some corruption involved like an 8 getting graded a 9 and stuff like that.

Not only that but a good deal of them could have been purchased in bulk lots where the price of grading is neglegable at best. However, thats not here or there, in terms of value the only thing that matters is ROI, not what he paid. Oh, and as far as the crooked grading claim, I would not be suprised, but I would not speculate eithor.

Members online