Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For the love of God someone build a Sportlots competitor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
System glitch (or a typo on my end) made it appear I had six of a certain Jason Bay card on Sportlots. Buyer purchases them all - but turns out I only have one.

I normally charge 70 cents for 1 card, $.75 for 2-4 cards, and $2.00 for 5 -XX (due to it going in a bubble mailer and being a "thick" package). I inform the buyer of the error, make the inventory adjustment and instead of Sportlots correcting the postage to 70 cents, it corrects it to 33 cents ($2.00 postage/6 cards). I email Sportlots about this error and surprising I am told this is how it works. Their system glitches (I do not think I indicated 6 cards as the keys on my laptop are not close to one another) and I get punished.

I know it just "cents", but it's sort of the principal of the issue to me.

I think the site owner has certain "rules" due to his lack of programming skills.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
While there are plenty of good reasons for the creation of a Sportlots competitor, probable "user error" is not one of them.

Sportlots looks exactly like it performs...slow, steady and dated. But it functions.

Max does seem to have a lot of technical limitations, and there are some major ones that hold back the site...and therefore money in his pocket.

But for me to believe a server glitch turned a singular random '1' into a '6' is something I'm not buying.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
200lbhockeyplayer said:
While there are plenty of good reasons for the creation of a Sportlots competitor, probable "user error" is not one of them.

Sportlots looks exactly like it performs...slow, steady and dated. But it functions.

Max does seem to have a lot of technical limitations, and there are some major ones that hold back the site...and therefore money in his pocket.

But for me to believe a server glitch turned a singular random '1' into a '6' is something I'm not buying.

Couldn't agree more with Mike, I just didn't want to be the one to type it. I have many input errors or items that have been sold elsewhere and never taken off inventory only for someone to buy and then I have to adjust the order. Chalk it up to the cost of doing business

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I wouldn't believe that a site could take an inventory and multiply the quantities by 3, but it did. (That was a fun mess to clean up).

It is possible that I inputed a "6", but with the distance between the two keys and errors I have seen on SL, I think a glitch is a definite possiblity.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
mjbuchanan80 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I wouldn't believe that a site could take an inventory and multiply the quantities by 3, but it did. (That was a fun mess to clean up).

It is possible that I inputed a "6", but with the distance between the two keys and errors I have seen on SL, I think a glitch is a definite possiblity.
Well, if your entire inventory had the quantities multiplied by three, then clearly it was a server side data issue, however the initial post implied it was a singular occurrence and that is almost impossible to be a server/software glitch.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mjbuchanan80 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Well, if your entire inventory had the quantities multiplied by three, then clearly it was a server side data issue, however the initial post implied it was a singular occurrence and that is almost impossible to be a server/software glitch.

Absolutely. Totally possible it was my error. Still think it's unfair that it cost me money because the site lacks the capabilities to properly calculate adjustments. Live and learn.

Members online

Latest posts