Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN BREAKING NEWS: Red Sox, Nationals finalists for Gio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Since when is middlebrooks so highly touted. They asked the yanks for the moon and sky and middlebrooks is the main piece.lol

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Boston fans, you only have a few minutes. Quickly dump every Boston prospect you have as they will all become Oakland A's within the hour.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
DaveH said:
didn't realize the red sox were targeting him, damn

[strike:141ole8l]The only way the Sox were going to add a signicant piece this offseason was by trade, and Gonzalez is one of the few higher end guys available with 4 years of control remaining, same thing with Bailey as well

Sox system is deep but not very top heavy. Would assume a deal for Gio would include two of Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, and Xander. Any mega deal for the pair would likely include all 3 plus more[/strike:141ole8l]

Gio to Washington for Cole, Norris, Peackok, and Milone

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
mredsox89 said:
DaveH said:

The only way the Sox were going to add a signicant piece this offseason was by trade, and Gonzalez is one of the few higher end guys available with 4 years of control remaining, same thing with Bailey as well

Sox system is deep but not very top heavy. Would assume a deal for Gio would include two of Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, and Xander. Any mega deal for the pair would likely include all 3 plus more

I would say any deal would include either Lars Anderson or Josh Reddick, if not both. Along with Middlebrooks and probably a pitcher or two (Alex Wilson?).

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bigpops65 said:
mredsox89 said:
DaveH said:

The only way the Sox were going to add a signicant piece this offseason was by trade, and Gonzalez is one of the few higher end guys available with 4 years of control remaining, same thing with Bailey as well

Sox system is deep but not very top heavy. Would assume a deal for Gio would include two of Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, and Xander. Any mega deal for the pair would likely include all 3 plus more

I would say any deal would include either Lars Anderson or Josh Reddick, if not both. Along with Middlebrooks and probably a pitcher or two (Alex Wilson?).

Neither of those two will be the centerpiece of a deal for anyone of much caliber. Anderson was to be traded for Harden last season straight up before the Sox Dr's said no to Harden. Reddick Was abysmal for the last two months of the season. They are both add ins to any deal at this point

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Only twice in the past I disagreed with Oakland trades (Hudson and Pena), but IF they do trade Gio, that would be three!

I just don't see the need or rush... :?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
19braves77 said:
Cmon Red Sox the Braves have Jurrgens. !!!!

Beane fleece again !!!

Are you saying Beane got fleeced or that he fleeced the Nats? :?

And why the rush to have ATL trade the other JJ? :?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
gt2590 said:
19braves77 said:
Cmon Red Sox the Braves have Jurrgens. !!!!

Beane fleece again !!!

And why the rush to have ATL trade the other JJ? :?

How about massacre instead of fleece.

Because I prefer a rotation of Hudson, Beachy, Minor, Hanson, and Teahran/Delgado.

JJ is about to get pricey.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
19braves77 said:
gt2590 said:
19braves77 said:
Beane fleece again !!!

How about massacre instead of fleece.

But which team are you saying got the Better of the Deal? Personally, I don't see a big advantage for either side but I couldn't figure out who you were saying "won" the trade... :?

and What I am saying about Jair is that they still have enough time before his price starts escalating to make sure the young guys are Legit or as insurance for injuries...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
This has to be the Red Sox worst offseason ever....why can't they pony up for a friggen SP? We only have 3 starting pitchers as of now! Ugh...

Latest posts