Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gio Gonzalez to Nationals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
"Gio to Nats for Cole, Norris, Peacock, and Milone. Love this for Oakland."

Great deal for Oakland...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Reminds me of the Dan Haren Trade. Damn later Cahill and Gio...while these two trades could lead to a great team for the A's it could still fail. And to see two All Stars leave like that...man I would HATE to be an A's fan. Not to hate on the A's or anything, just feel sorry for the fans.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
On another note.

1. Strasburg
2. Gio Gonzalez
3. Jordan Zimmerman
4. Lannan
5. Chien Ming ****

The potential on that rotation is through the roof! Especially if **** can come back strong (maybe not to what he used to be but a quality if not dominant #5 pitcher)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
darocker80 said:
How can you even do a top 10 prospects. Maybe BA will do a special exclusive top 20 addition for the A's

Funny thing is, people say something like this every few years about the A's and they still are unable to replicate what teams like the Ray's do with limited budget and heaps of talent.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
phillyfan0417 said:
darocker80 said:
How can you even do a top 10 prospects. Maybe BA will do a special exclusive top 20 addition for the A's

Funny thing is, people say something like this every few years about the A's and they still are unable to replicate what teams like the Ray's do with limited budget and heaps of talent.
True. However that might be due to the coaching from each's farm system. Maybe the Ray's have better instructors/teachers than the Athletic's organization. Doesn't take away the talent from the many prospects now in the Athletics' farm system.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Dang, I like Norris, but I do like the potential rotation (-****, never did like him). Wish they could grab Oswalt. I've always been a fan of his.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Nationals should go grab Edwin Jackson.

Playing in the AL doesn't help Oakland. Astros will soon learn.

Kevin Goldstein is about the evaluator of talent I care to hear from about the shape of the A's.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
RZimm11 said:
Dang, I like Norris, but I do like the potential rotation (-****, never did like him). Wish they could grab Oswalt. I've always been a fan of his.
That'd be sick. I think the Nat's will stick with **** though. But I could see Oswalt as a strong #4 in that rotation

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
darocker80 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
darocker80 said:

True. However that might be due to the coaching from each's farm system. Maybe the Ray's have better instructors/teachers than the Athletic's organization. Doesn't take away the talent from the many prospects now in the Athletics' farm system.

That may all be true but i'd rather have major league success over heaps of minor league talent.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
WaxPax said:
Nats give up their #2, #3 & #5 prospect plus Milone for a pitcher who has walked more batters than anyone the past 2 years...agreed Oakland made out in this deal

Against the Jays he was a beast from what I remember...awesome curve.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
phillyfan0417 said:
darocker80 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
darocker80 said:

That may all be true but i'd rather have major league success over heaps of minor league talent.
Haha doesn't everyone. Hopefully the A's can turn it around.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
What will make or brake this trade for the Nationals really depends on what else they do. If they sign Fielder and Oswalt this will be a good deal. Dont do anything else this is a bad deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts