Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whale Speared & Month's Worth of Mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
I'm doing a terrible job of keeping up with my Mike Green thread, but here's my pickups from the last month or so.

This has absolutely been the best mail month of my life.

Let's start off with some small things.

Mike Green's first Cup Base Card (numbered 1 in the set too!)
DSC09324.jpg

Some artifacts game used
DSC09321.jpg

Frozen artifacts (these blow me away)
DSC09320.jpg

A nice SPGU triple
DSC09323.jpg

This years Certified game used
DSC09326.jpg

and the gold/emerald base parallel (still need the red/purple/black/base/total parallals) got the emerald early unlike last years which i never saw until this month
DSC09327.jpg

speaking of that emerald...

DSC09322.jpg

and hey, while we're on the topic of emeralds. picked this up for an AMAZING price. kind of starting a small(er) PC of Semin too.

DSC09328.jpg

if you think I'm done, you're mistaken. because I have 3 stars.

the players on this make it an amazing card. love this subset.

DSC09329.jpg

a cup plate. I know a lot of people aren't fond of plates but I don't mind them one bit.

DSC09330.jpg

and the whale. I never thought this card would see the light of the day, nor did I think if it ever did that I'd be the owner. after a heavy eBay bid, this came in the mail last week.

DSC09331.jpg

DSC09332.jpg

hope you guys enjoyed all the color in this post, and may your mail months be as awesome as this one has been for me. also thank you to anyone that helped in making this post possible. if you have any more Green's, please let me know!

Terry

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Nice haul. No disrespect meant to your shamu, but could it be any more chipped? Did it come out of the pack that way?

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
AK11 said:
Nice stuff. Good snag on the Artifacts patch/stick.

Thank you! I love the fact they paired sticks with patches, probably one of my favorite designs to date.

allstars said:
Nice haul. No disrespect meant to your shamu, but could it be any more chipped? Did it come out of the pack that way?

I was wondering that myself to be honest. The shield is way too thick for the card to contain it, so I assumed that may have something to do with it. Those chips, however were not in the eBay scan at all. I'm not gonna make a big deal about it though, I have the card now and that's all that matters.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
incredible mail Terry. I know for a fact that the Emerald's are beautiful in person and the AHL patch is so cool.

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
pghbuccos said:
incredible mail Terry. I know for a fact that the Emerald's are beautiful in person and the AHL patch is so cool.

They really are. any 1/1's put aside, emerald's are easily next up in my favorites.

Bilko - they yours? ;)

Members online

Latest posts