Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Hey all -

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season. I had a quick, maybe stupid ebay question for the pro's out there. I just recieved a paypal email, informing me that an item I sold was paid for using paypal. However, when I go to the item on ebay, while it states that I have one item to ship, further down their is an ebay note stating:

eBay note: Payment has not been recorded. Unpaid Item Assistant will file a case for this transaction based on your settings.

I have never seen this before, not having sold alot on ebay, is this a scam or am I good to go and I can ship the card.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Hwilensky

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Since eBay and PayPal are linked (I think eBay owns PayPal), when someone pays for an eBay auction it should register as paid. When you go to "My eBay" the dollar sign icon should be there next to the auction in your summary list. The PayPal email you received should also have the auction info in it.

If you check your PayPal account and the money is indeed there but it doesn't show as paid on eBay, maybe the buyer sent the dollar amount as a regular payment, not as an auction payment. If this is the case I would contact the buyer, explain the situation, and arrange to refund his payment and then have him pay via an eBay auction payment. You'll then be covered by the eBay/PayPal fraud policies. Otherwise, there's no record in eBay that the buyer actually paid in the event something goes wrong.

- Rod

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Lifelongfan said:
Could be a pending payment...sometimes takes 3 days to clear.

I've never seen it say something like that though for "pending payment".
Isn't there usually a little hour glass on your ebay page if that's the case, and then it will say paypal check or pending in your paypal account?

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Hey all -

Thanks for all your input. I do not know exactly what happened, however, when I checked this morning, the note was gone and the $ sign was shaded green. I guess thats ebay for you. Thanks again for all your help.

Hwilensky

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hwilensky said:
Hey all -

Thanks for all your input. I do not know exactly what happened, however, when I checked this morning, the note was gone and the $ sign was shaded green. I guess thats ebay for you. Thanks again for all your help.

Hwilensky
Come man yesterday was a holiday for most including eBay and banks .:lol:

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Pine Tar said:
Hwilensky said:
Hey all -

Hwilensky
Come man yesterday was a holiday for most including eBay and banks .:lol:

Hey I work in retail, Can someone explain what a holiday is? :lol:

Members online

Latest posts