Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Turner 2011 Bowman Chrome Redemptions: Never will be signed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
Asked Turner a couple of questions on twitter regarding his redemptions..

"
Jacob_Turner22
@TurnerFan11 ya I don't understand how all that works but haven't been contacted to do any card signings.

Jacob_Turner22Jacob Turner
@TurnerFan11 havent signed any cards for any companies for a while. So not sure what that means"

Is this normal? Why hasn't Topps contacted Turner?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Firebirds11 said:
Asked Turner a couple of questions on twitter regarding his redemptions..

"
Jacob_Turner22
@TurnerFan11 ya I don't understand how all that works but haven't been contacted to do any card signings.

Jacob_Turner22Jacob Turner
@TurnerFan11 havent signed any cards for any companies for a while. So not sure what that means"

Is this normal? Why hasn't Topps contacted Turner?
Most likely Topps was trying to work on this with his people and was not able to make it happen. So he was unaware of what they may have had in the pipeline. Not a big deal for them not to know.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Topps is so stupid. Seriously? You put redemption cards into a product for players that you don't even have under contract to sign yet? I can understand placing redemptions in a product when you have an agreement inked with a player but just haven't been able to get the cards signed in time, but this is just ridiculous.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
This probably means nothing, nothing at all.

Jacob Turner has nothing to do with any contract he signs, and he may have no idea what has or hasn't been arranged with Topps or any other company.

We also have no definition of what he defines as "a while."

Basically...relax and don't read too much into any of it.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
mwashuc06 said:
Means Turner's elites will be the chase card.

I sold off a ton of Turner Elite AUs and DieCut Autos in 2010 when he was SUPPOSED to be an Auto in 2010 Bowman Chrome. One full year plus later and Topps still hasn't figured this one out. Sad.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
This was the same comment from figures in 2011 Allen & Ginter, Topps did not contact them or their agent prior to or after release.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I don't know why, but it's been since Verlander where Topps has had an auto RC of the Tigers top prospect. Every guy since then has slipped through without ever getting a Chrome auto RC. Porcello, Turner, and Castellanos all don't have anything.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Sort of off topic, but last I checked with Topps about Lawrie the response was "we're working on it". If he doesn't sign, there will be some insanely pissed off people. The prices that are being paid on his stuff is crazy. Anyone have info on Lawrie by chance?

~AJ

marterburn

ajbraves25 said:
Sort of off topic, but last I checked with Topps about Lawrie the response was "we're working on it". If he doesn't sign, there will be some insanely pissed off people. The prices that are being paid on his stuff is crazy. Anyone have info on Lawrie by chance?

~AJ

"We're working on it"...pah...I talked to a rep late last February about a redemption from 2010 Triple Threads, and he said the player would be signing them in Spring Training. 4 months later, I received my replacement. Anything that can comes out a Topps rep's mouth about redemptions should be treated as wild conjecture, unless they have the signed cards in hand.

Members online

Latest posts