Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1960s Topps Team cards - Player lists?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Tried a few different searches and came up empty.

Anybody know of a resource to find out exactly what Team Checklist cards a specific player is pictured on?

During the 60s Topps did such a shoddy job on these team cards, using the same picture over and over again for years.
It's almost impossible to figure out exactly what cards a player is on, and they are not listed by player on beckett.com

I've looked through 100s of ebay scans, but because they are vintage, the scans are incredibly grainy.

Any ideas?

Even at this size, its hard to tell for sure who the players are... ::facepalm::

$(KGrHqIOKiQE2f!ucs6uBN0zdw!7Ig~~_3.JPG

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Chas, I've had some luck searching for team photos on Google. Don't search for the card, just team photo and year (you may have to look a year or two or three earlier since Topps recycled). Often times, the team photos are a match to what Topps used and they are labeled, so you can match them up.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
gracecollector said:
Chas, I've had some luck searching for team photos on Google. Don't search for the card, just team photo and year (you may have to look a year or two or three earlier since Topps recycled). Often times, the team photos are a match to what Topps used and they are labeled, so you can match them up.

Just tried it for "1964 White Sox" and found an exact match for the 65 Topps photo. I see Dave in 3rd row, 3rd from left. And a Don Mossi sighting! The ugliest man in baseball:
1964WhiteSox.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Awesome Brad! Thank you!

That means he is on the '65 '66 and '67 team cards, even though he was gone after '65... :lol:

edit: just saw how much the 1967 high# sells for... ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts