Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Diamond Embedded Card - To Auto or not Auto?

Should I have Jason Heyward sign my Diamond Embedded 1/1 Card

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'd say yes, but those crazy Topps collectors would probably frown upon it.

Signed in a BGS/JSA slab...pretty sweet, but I'd definitely get it slabbed afterwards.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
If it's something you want that you'll keep then do it. If you're thinking of selling, then I'd probably have something else signed.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
You could always have it encapsulated, then have him sign the case, then get that case authenticated! :lol: :lol:

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
darrend505 said:
You could always have it encapsulated, then have him sign the case, then get that case authenticated! :lol: :lol:

Haha...I love the way you think. Just weird that I get the card and get to meet him in the same week. I'll probably have him sign a few baseball s. Just wanted to get some opinions.

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
ahhhh so your the one that beat me out on it. I have the Chipper one and this same thought has crossed my mind. but i would prob be against although it would indeed look cool. The only 1/1s i like getting signed and don't mind seeing signed are printing plates.

goodluck!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
If you are going to get it signed, make sure you prep the card first or it will not turn out.
Take an eraser over the area you want signed so the signature takes.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
I have to agree with a few so far, if it was for my PC..by all means I would get it signed..but if you ever have thoughts about selling it, then NO I would not..with that said..I do love the idea of getting it slabbed, then have him sign it..if you have the time to get it slabbed that is..Great idea for sure and I think this is the one I'd go with..Just my humble thoughts!!

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
seeing non-printing plate 1/1s signed makes me cringe, PC or not. i, personally, would go another route.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
As a type collector of unique cards, condition doesn't bother me too much with 1/1s, I say definitely go for it if it makes you happy...because its your card.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Thanks for your thoughts, folks! I will let you know how the meeting goes next week. I like the thought of getting it slabbed and having him sign the slab, but there's no time for that. Like I said, I will probably have him sign some baseballs and and A&G card that I have.

Members online

Latest posts