Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone ever seen bidding like this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Wow never knew BigBoyd was a shiller. Always see plenty of his auctions during my usual searches. Damn shame...

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
just bought a card from them that i dont think was shilled,
but jeez didnt ebay used to figure stuff like that out?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
He doesn't shill every card, but back since he was wolverine24(?), there have been myriad accusasions of shilling.

I've bought two cards from them over the years. One was shilled, one was not.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
boomo said:

I believe he's on record saying there's someone who bids on a ton of his stuff and then flips whatever he wins on COMC.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
boomo said:

I believe he's on record saying there's someone who bids on a ton of his stuff and then flips whatever he wins on COMC.

:lol:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Wow that actually makes a ton of sense that he shills a lot, he has new stuff every week always listed at 99 cents starting to minimize fees and some are very high-end. I've bid on a lot of stuff at like $60-$80 and bid towards the lower end like something that goes for $80 I bid $60 maybe $65 and I've never won anything like that with him, would make sense with the amount he lists at 99 cents that at least one would go to the lower part of market value. This makes a lot of sense..

Flyer28

Dec 11, 2011
check out his current listings, shill bids placed on almost all the highend live auctions. I'm sure on others as well just don't have the time to check his 9,000+ auctions ::facepalm::

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
As for the idea that the mystery bidder is the #1 seller on CheckOutMyCards...so be it.

That CheckOutMyCards seller seemed dead set on getting to the $1 million book value inventory, and got there.

One thing I know, if you're in the resale business, you aren't going to be constantly bidding and buying from someone who seemingly sells for top dollar on most high end stuff. There's no margin. None.

But, do I believe BigBoyd's big buyer story? No.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
200lbhockeyplayer said:
One thing I know, if you're in the resale business, you aren't going to be constantly bidding and buying from someone who seemingly sells for top dollar on most high end stuff. There's no margin. None.

But, do I believe BigBoyd's big buyer story? No.

Exactly right. Makes a lot more sense that Big Boyd is the owner of this shill account, and uses it as a smoke-and-mirrors way to buy his own stuff that doesn't get what he wants on eBay and places the items on COMC, and he's trying to play it off as though it's a seperate party that's doing it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts