Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Bailey traded to the Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
SeattleSports said:
Josh Reddick is part of the package going to Oakland,
Well now we will have a closer. Looks like Bard will be starting.

Not sure how I feel about them trading Reddick though :?

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I'm a little worried about his fly ball rate, but I suppose he's proven that he's a more than capable pitcher.

Kalish/McDonald platoon in right?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
SeattleSports said:
coltsfan23 said:
It looks like Oakland is loading up on prospects!

Yeah, and then when those prospects start to get decent... trade them for more prospects!

They were competitive not too long ago, it's just a matter of time before they are contenders again. Seems like they'd rather go the Rays' route than the Yankees' route to get there though.

Nice pick up for Boston, Bailey is tough. Sucks for anyone still holding onto the last of their Reddick cards...going from one of the best markets to one of the worst, at least as far as cards go.

scotty21690 said:

I think the idea is that you guys have the pieces in place to contend this season, and having a shutdown closer is more important than an up-and-coming outfielder that you don't exactly know for certain what you're going to get just yet. The way I see it, it's easier to replace Reddick than it is to find another lock down closer.

Also, Bailey is still very young too so as long as he's getting the job done, he could be there for a long time.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Boston gets Ryan Sweeney as well,

Uh oh, what other piece is going to Oakland? I have a feeling Boston fans are going to be angry in a minute...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
scotty21690 said:

I think the idea is that you guys have the pieces in place to contend this season, and having a shutdown closer is more important than an up-and-coming outfielder that you don't exactly know for certain what you're going to get just yet. The way I see it, it's easier to replace Reddick than it is to find another lock down closer.

Also, Bailey is still very young too so as long as he's getting the job done, he could be there for a long time.
Don't get me wrong, I like Kalish a lot more than Reddick. But I do like Reddick as our 4th OFer. We do need a closer but I was hoping we wouldn't have to trade one of our ML guys (well, except if it was Scutaro :lol: )

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
SeattleSports said:
Boston gets Ryan Sweeney as well,

Uh oh, what other piece is going to Oakland? I have a feeling Boston fans are going to be angry in a minute...
I like Sweeney...good defense and a low strikeout rate.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Alcantara could be good, but he's got a long way to go. Head doesn't look like anything special. Pumped to have Bailey, and Ryan Sweeney has a decent OBP for a bottom of the lineup bat.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
Alcantara could be good, but he's got a long way to go. Head doesn't look like anything special. Pumped to have Bailey, and Ryan Sweeney has a decent OBP for a bottom of the lineup bat.

Alcantara was boston's 25th prospect, Bailey's elbow must be hanging by the threads to be sold for this low either than or Beane has went anti moneyball with Reddick

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mwashuc06 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Alcantara was boston's 25th prospect, Bailey's elbow must be hanging by the threads to be sold for this low either than or Beane has went anti moneyball with Reddick

I'm almost positive Jim Callis would have ranked Head above Alcantara on this year's Sox top 30.

Members online

Latest posts