Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4413 days later, I finally have one in my collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
The 1999 Topps Traded set was released way back in November of 1999. It featured Josh Hamilton first autographed Topps card, and I had to have it. I waited for a while to purchase and then forgot all about him after his fall from graces.

Once he came back to the bigs, his prices were far too high for me for the card.

Until recently, picked up this guy:

1999-topps-traded-josh-hamilton-auto.jpg

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
Damn...$125? that's a helluva price. Congrats

I thought it was pretty good too. I may try and resubmit the card to see if I can get the grade bumped up too.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Day 1: No Hamilton Auto
Day 2: No Hamilton Auto
Day 3: No Hamilton Auto
Day 4: No Hamilton Auto
Day 4413: Hamilton Auto!!!

2/3 of the players I collect have their first autos in that same set. I've always like that set.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I still have a sealed set - I've thought about opening it, but it will probably have another Mike Nanini auto. I also have fears that the cards will be stucktogether, although it has been stored in a climate controlled room.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
FANTASTIC card. I have an affinity for that set.

Back in 2003 or so my local dealer FOUND 2 sets in a box in his backroom that he didnt remember. I bought both of them and pulled a Soriano Auto. It was a HELLOVA pull back then, and i still have fond memories of it. (and i still own it of course).

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I remember my dad randomly bought me one of those when they came out. I remember sliding the autograph out and seeing the Devil Rays logo and thinking I had just struck gold with a Hamilton (earlier that day my buddy had pulled a Hamilton Chirography gold /25 auto AND a Burrell base auto from ONE PACK of SP Top Prospects). As I slid it down I saw I got 'the other' high draft pick the DRays had that year and was pretty let down to pull the Carl Crawford. I sold that this off season to a Sox fan that I am sure is super disappointed for buying it. Still have the rest of the set, and most are still stuck together!

Great card, and a really nice year for Topps design. Looking forward to 2049 Heritage.

Members online

Latest posts