Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question: 1996 Flair Gold & Silver lettered Variations??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Hello everyone,

I know these are a major variation, but which is deemed as the "tougher" version to find? I know the Silver lettered ones seem to have a gold background and vice versa with the Gold lettered ones having a silver background...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks and much appreciated!
charliehustle

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Funny you should post this topic; I was going to do a similiar post because I just got a card order from Burbank yesterday that included the Olerud Flair Gold for my PC. Fortunately, Burbank (on their Beckett Marketplace listing) specified which version is which, describing the Gold version as "Silver lettering, gold background".

Since I'm currently scanning some cards, I thought I'd throw this pic up for reference.
1996FlairBoth.jpg

Apparently the "Gold" or "Silver" denotation refers to the background colour and not the foil colour (someone correct me if I'm wrong please), so on the left is the Silver version, on the right is Gold. Kind of counter-intuitive since you'd think the gold version has gold lettering.

- Rod

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Printed in same quantity, both considered regular cards. Still a must have for a player collector that doesn't have it, 2 totally different looking cards.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
olerud363 said:
Apparently the "Gold" or "Silver" denotation refers to the background colour and not the foil colour (someone correct me if I'm wrong please), so on the left is the Silver version, on the right is Gold. Kind of counter-intuitive since you'd think the gold version has gold lettering.

- Rod

Well, you asked. It's spelled color.

Just kidding, of course.

Anthony

Members online

Latest posts