Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

(Sub) Set Complete!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Been working on this subset for a few years now. B/C I'm a McGwire collector, that one came first. I slowly acquired the rest as I could find them. Oddly enough, the last one I needed was the Giambi. It was availaible but only at a huge price. Finally, one came up with a reasonable pricetag. Enjoy!!!

scan0007-1.jpg

scan0008.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Congrats! I always liked that set a lot. That was my first ever McGwire game used card :)

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Congrats! With almost 2,500 Williams swatches in the set they must have almost used up an entire jersey.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Ted Williams? Dude was a scrub, why is he paired up with such legends?

I think that's why most of the cards were so cheap. First ballot HOFers paired up with a Sawx nobody that played centuries ago. :eek:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
shanks25 said:
scotty21690 said:
Ted Williams? Dude was a scrub, why is he paired up with such legends?

I think that's why most of the cards were so cheap. First ballot HOFers paired up with a Sawx nobody that played centuries ago. :eek:
Did he even make the playoffs ever? lol

They should have put Babe Ruth in the set instead....now that guy could hit!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
Congrats! With almost 2,500 Williams swatches in the set they must have almost used up an entire jersey.

Pretty sure those were from worn pants but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, full pair no doubt!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

Pretty sure those were from worn pants but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, full pair no doubt!

Yes. All reports I've heard are that they were pants.

Members online

Latest posts