Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

25,000 cards, Lot's of player collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
A local shop is going out of business this spring and he has 40-50 3200 & 5000 count boxes that he has marked as 10 cent cards.

This weekend, I bought 11 of the boxes, along with another box at the show in Urbandale.

Therefore, I have a TON of cards now.

Nothing real great, but it will be fun.

Anyways, if you would like me to keep an eye out for certain players, let me know and I will.

Thanks.

Eddie

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
tonsofcommons said:
A local shop is going out of business this spring and he has 40-50 3200 & 5000 count boxes that he has marked as 10 cent cards.

This weekend, I bought 11 of the boxes, along with another box at the show in Urbandale.

Therefore, I have a TON of cards now.

Nothing real great, but it will be fun.

Anyways, if you would like me to keep an eye out for certain players, let me know and I will.

Thanks.

Eddie

Eddie,

So you really do have Tons of commons now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

If you happen to stumble on any Eric Munson please let me know.

Thanks
Josh

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd be interested in any Pirates you come across, particularly Jack Wilson, Andy Van Slyke, Warren Morris, or Lou Collier. Certainly sounds like you'll have some fun sorting through all those new cards, though it's a shame to hear of another store closing.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Josh,

That is actually where my screen name came from. What I purchase this weekend represents 1/10th of what I had in just common.

I really do enjoy it and I will make a list for all of you on what I find.

Also picked up a Laporta 07 EE auto & Nick Schmidt Status 3/5 Auto.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Which shop went out of business? the Rookie?

Actually, The Rookie (New Rookie owned by Anders) is doing ok.

It is a shop on SW 9th owned by a guy named Chad. Nice little spot, wrong side of town (no offense if anyone lives over there). Hasn't been open all that long.

The shop that opened up just recenly on Merle Hay closed also and is having an auction Sunday.

The cardologist (Run by Joe Dewey) is likely closing soon also.

Pretty sad actually.

But I am glad that I could get some stuff from him pretty cheap. Not that it is great stuff, but...

Latest posts