Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge Collection purchase PICS ADDED updated 2/11/12 itemized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I was only able to get home about 2% of what was there. The rest is stashed at my parents' house. Unfortunately, it's far enough away that I can't really get to it, but I'll have a lot to look forward to every time I go home. I've been itemizing everything I was able to take with me and here are the lists of what I was able to bring with me:

Autos/GU
https://docs.google.com/document/d/117M ... MpXc/edit#

RC/Inserts/Parallels/misc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fu2 ... aVRo/edit#

Here are a few pictures of just a portion of the nicer stuff:
griffs.jpg

balls.jpg

scanny.jpg

scaner.jpg

Things have been crazy for me with my job since the beginning of the year so I'm moving slow with it all. I plan to move a few of the bigger cards to maximize my return. After that I hope to give a chance to FCB members and player collectors to pick up stuff they're interested in at ~80% of ebay. That way, I still make something on my investment, but hopefully collectors will still get a good deal on stuff they need. If anyone wants to see scans of anything itemized, but not pictured, please let me know.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Re: Can't hardly contain the excitement

Very interesting indeed.

Sounds like its a modern collection, as there were no inserts back in the day, also wax boxes were not sealed and 5,000 count boxes did not exist.

Should be a good time nonetheless!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

I much more optimistic that there will at least be a few nice things after reading the email. I'll be making a lot of notes and taking some pictures. I'll post here as I know more since I may need help valuing some things or evaluating authenticity.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY

That would definitely be interesting to look through. We may be interested in some things.

Thanks,
David

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

WoundedDuck said:
I much more optimistic that there will at least be a few nice things after reading the email. I'll be making a lot of notes and taking some pictures. I'll post here as I know more since I may need help valuing some things or evaluating authenticity.
Man what some will do to preserve 80's and 90's wax. :lol:
The Board : My dad had a board in his room that he put cards up on. Some of them have real value, others were more sentimental
The Safe : These are the types of cards that my dad felt held the highest value. They are listed in specific cards, just types
The Safe Book R3 : I went through all the things my dad had in the safe and pulled out all of the ones I felt would have the highest value and itemized the list.

Hope you get there and you have found the missing Longroia Super. If so offer them say 20 bucks for the card. Tell them your offering at price only because the cards looks like an art project gone bad. ;)

Good luck hopefully you looking at his cards will not make him hate your Brother-in law when you tell them the bad news. "All of dads retirement money was spent on junk wax", "and silly shop at home items"(Plates : Various Memorabilia Plates
Other Memorabilia : Other things ranging from pictures to plaques, some with certificates of authenticity, some not)"So I suggest you just add it to the estate sale, hell you may want to give it away to who ever shows up to the sale".
;)

OK I have done my part of keeping you firmly on the ground, this way you will not me to disappoint when you get there. :twisted:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

got the spreadsheet sent to me that was mentioned in the email. I uploaded it to google docs and provided the link in the first post. There are several pages to the document and it looks like there is some really nice stuff as well as some 90s junk. I'd love to hear what others think. Value? I'm wondering if I should just purchase the collection and what a fair price might be?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

WoundedDuck said:
got the spreadsheet sent to me that was mentioned in the email. I uploaded it to google docs and provided the link in the first post. There are several pages to the document and it looks like there is some really nice stuff as well as some 90s junk. I'd love to hear what others think. Value? I'm wondering if I should just purchase the collection and what a fair price might be?
I gave you my opinion :twisted: But I know you want someone who has a better fashion sense

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Re: Can't hardly contain the excitement *spreadsheet added*

In the 1998 Topps Gallery set the missing card id Tino Martinez
I have couple of cards from that set and think is a cool set.
What the cards look like.
Wagner_1998_Topps_Gallery_39_F.jpg

If he has some of the inserts they will look like this.
Bagwell_1998_Topps_Gallery_135_F.jpg

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

Pine Tar said:
I gave you my opinion :twisted: But I know you want someone who has a better fashion sense

haha. You gave me your opinion before I posted the spreadsheet. Glance over that and tell me what you think now :twisted:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

WoundedDuck said:
Pine Tar said:

haha. You gave me your opinion before I posted the spreadsheet. Glance over that and tell me what you think now :twisted:
I have and I'll pm you ;)

boomo

Sep 14, 2008

id like to weigh in on this. Certainly a cool and fun bunch of stuff, BUT the problem with a deal like this is
the size/value ratio. its a huge size and a not so huge value. You may even be able to get this at the right price, but it is hrs upon hrs of work unless you are lucky enough to find a buyer and flip all of it, otherwise its a ton of break down, sorting, listing, shipping, however you do it. there are no real big bangers there that you can get a chunk back fast on. the wax mostly is not good, the sets are mostly not that good. Sure they might sell, but its tough to sell 5 dollar sets when they cost 10 to ship. if you are able to pillage it, id really just try and get the easy sales out of it, unless you have a system in place which will allow you to move these things quickly with limited work.

im assuming most of those sets are just the base set?
without autos?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

boomo said:
id like to weigh in on this. Certainly a cool and fun bunch of stuff, BUT the problem with a deal like this is
the size/value ratio. its a huge size and a not so huge value. You may even be able to get this at the right price, but it is hrs upon hrs of work unless you are lucky enough to find a buyer and flip all of it, otherwise its a ton of break down, sorting, listing, shipping, however you do it. there are no real big bangers there that you can get a chunk back fast on. the wax mostly is not good, the sets are mostly not that good. Sure they might sell, but its tough to sell 5 dollar sets when they cost 10 to ship. if you are able to pillage it, id really just try and get the easy sales out of it, unless you have a system in place which will allow you to move these things quickly with limited work.

im assuming most of those sets are just the base set?
without autos?

Thanks for your input. I was hoping you'd comment as I know you've done this before. Unfortunately, all I know right now is what is posted in the spreadsheet. I'm planning on taking pictures when I go to see the collection. I'm probably going to need help evaluating authenticity of some of the baseball autos. I'll post more when I know more.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY

#10 on the "other memorabilia" page is a MONSTER!!
00 Alex Rodriguez & Derek Jeter Co-Signers Auto. This is a $1000-$1500 card!!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

I was able to spend some time there this afternoon and take some pics that I'll hopefully get posted soon. I let him know how I think he could do selling it on his own and told him how much I could give him. My offer was actually more than the local card shop guy. I'll be picking it all up tomorrow. This collection is a monster.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

WoundedDuck said:
I was able to spend some time there this afternoon and take some pics that I'll hopefully get posted soon. I let him know how I think he could do selling it on his own and told him how much I could give him. My offer was actually more than the local card shop guy. I'll be picking it all up tomorrow. This collection is a monster.
Seems like a neat bunch of stuff.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Re: Can't hardly contain the excitement *PICS ADDED*

edited the first post to include a few pics. Sorry about the crappy pics, but most were taken with my phone. This collection will be the death of me, but it will be fun :twisted:

Unfortunately since I'm visiting family, I won't be able to get it all home and most of it will be left at my parents' . I'll be going through it very slowly as I'm able to visit my folks and get more home, but I don't get a lot of chances to come home. Anyone know if there is a good way to ship this much via freight? If you see something in the spreadsheet that you're interested in, let me know asap. I'm going to try to get as much home as I can, but anything that I can't get home on this trip will probably have to sit for a long while before I can get back to it.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Re: Can't contain the excitement- Huge Collection *PICS ADDED*

cannot believe you scored that jeter arod, haven't seen that in years

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Re: Can't contain the excitement- Huge Collection *PICS ADDED*

csmtampa said:
Mantle ball is no good

Thought it might be questionable myself but I'm no mantle expert. I know his auto has been faked a lot. I'll still do ok on the collection without it but it'd be nice if it was good.

Members online

Latest posts