Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

frank thomas- clean or no?

Clean?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
he's one of those guys that makes you wonder about steroids, yes or no?

i want to say clean, as he was my favorite player growing up

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: frank thomas- clean of no?

I'd say clean he looks the same on his cape league cards as his recent ones

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Re: frank thomas- clean of no?

The truth of the matter is the guy has been pushing for more effective drug testing since 1992. I think the majority of folks who vote "no" are harbouring competitive feelings from his years of dominance in the '90s.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
beefy i agree. he either has been doing steroids since he was a teen, or not at all. i'm guessing and hoping it's the latter

Dec 10, 2008
I feel the most comfortable saying "clean" about Thomas than any other power hitter from the 1990's-2000's

And even above Ripken and Gwynn (not really power hitter's, but most would be surprised by them using)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
1987AuburnFootballPreviewpg58.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Frank Thomas came out the womb 4'6" and 150 lbs. I'm surprised he stopped at only six-four two-fifty. The Guy is a beast of a man.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I say yes when he did an interview when he was with the A's the dude took up the entire table. His injuries are very telling as he never did anything that would get him hurt otherwise. Never once did he pull a griffey and run into the wall day in and day out. So my vote is No he used steroids

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
colts1888 said:
I say yes when he did an interview when he was with the A's the dude took up the entire table. His injuries are very telling as he never did anything that would get him hurt otherwise. Never once did he pull a griffey and run into the wall day in and day out. So my vote is Yes

I can understand why it seems like a simple A + B equation...but I think too many people are quoting "injuries" as a sign of steroid use.

The physics behind a 6'4'', 250-75 lbs man bending, squatting, taking off, tagging bags...it's a lot different than the average person. His tendon structure, while extremely powerful, is actually more susceptible to injury than the average person, as the individual tendons are much larger and rigid. Flexibility is large, LARGE portion of athletic ability. It's a trait that is diminished in people of Thomas' stature.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Mark McGwire Museum said:
colts1888 said:
I say yes when he did an interview when he was with the A's the dude took up the entire table.

What great logic

when its an 8 ft table and his shoulders take up 6 feet of that table you know something is wrong.
Bunch o Bull- I know what your saying but there is nothing he did in his career that is "dangerous" where the guy would miss 2/3s of a season.

Here is my question for you all

Did he get "injured" to avoid testing

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I hate to do this, but as much as I love Frank Thomas - I think that pretty much any hitter and pitcher in the last 10 years is suspect.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
lisu said:
I hate to do this, but as much as I love Frank Thomas - I think that pretty much any hitter and pitcher in the last 10 years is suspect.

And that's completely respectable...and correct. Everyone is suspect.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
lisu said:
Suspect sure why not, but i think he's clean. If he did however, i think we would see outrageous numbers :p

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I agree with lisu. I like the Big Hurt and would hope that he is one of the "clean" guys, but it is really hard to tell right now who is clean.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
colts1888 said:
[
Bunch o Bull- I know what your saying but there is nothing he did in his career that is "dangerous" where the guy would miss 2/3s of a season.

Here is my question for you all

Did he get "injured" to avoid testing

I have to disagree with you there. If a tiny place kicker can tear his ACL jumping in the air in celebration of a field goal, a man can strain and tear tendons kicking a bag with 275 lbs of force behind it.

Everytime I get opened up, I have tendons trimmed to insure I won't add another major injury to my list...it's a very real issue.

As for getting injured to avoid testing...no way...he's one of the few that have volunteered for testing all of his career.

Members online