Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Childhood PC Found - Griffey Collector - Scans inside!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I was home for the Holidays and my parents had a few boxes of stuff they had found in storage they wanted me to go through. Noticed one of the boxes had a 2500-count box sitting in it. Thought that was bizarre.

Broke up the box and was instantly transported back to the early 1990's. I unearthed my original baseball card collection that mainly consisted of Ken Griffey Jr. cards.

I remember thinking as a kid that this collection would be worth so much, I would be making money for my grandkids' nieces.

There were a few other memorabilia items and some random other cards that I had got IP auto'd at games as a kid, but I scanned a majority of my Griffey collection as a kid for your viewing pleasure.

Prepare to have your ocular glands penetrated with pure awesomeness and museumesque works-of-art that made the early 90's stuff so collectable and desirable.

Enjoy!

griffey-00.jpg

griffey-01.jpg

griffey-02.jpg

griffey-03.jpg

griffey-04.jpg

griffey-05.jpg

griffey-06.jpg

griffey-07.jpg

griffey-08.jpg

griffey-09.jpg

griffey-10.jpg

griffey-11.jpg

griffey-12.jpg

griffey-13.jpg

griffey-14.jpg

griffey-15.jpg

griffey-16.jpg

griffey-17.jpg

griffey-18.jpg

griffey-19.jpg

griffey-20.jpg

griffey-21.jpg

griffey-22.jpg

griffey-23.jpg

griffey-24.jpg

griffey-25.jpg

griffey-26.jpg

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That's awesome. I did (or still do) have a lot of those same Griffey's. Makes me think of my childhood too.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I'm still irritated by that old lady on the 1995 Collector's Choice card. Like she couldn't have let one of her grandkids take her spot.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Also, does anyone else think that the UD Home Field Advantage insert photo is a picture from Oriole Park at Camden Yards? I don't think other parks had the 'Hit it Here' sign for the Maryland Lottery.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Sweet finds!

I am reminded of the how great Select Gold backgrounds were. Congrats!

Members online

Latest posts